Omnisphere not retaining patch info in DP9?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Omnisphere not retaining patch info in DP9?

Post by dix »

Had a couple of random crashes recently. Both times when restoring from the auto-save Omnisphere 2 had lost all it's patches. Anyone else have anything similar happen?

...it may be something within my system. Omnisphere 2 seems a little finicky since I installed it. Launching it and loading patches takes longer than it used to. Even on my newly souped up 12-core with SSDs and SATA3 the patches can take a few seconds to load when auditioning. Any thoughts?

Thx
Last edited by dix on Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Re: Auto-save not retaining patch info?

Post by dix »

Still having this issue. Auto-saved files (mostly) are not keeping Omnisphere patch info. Omnisphere shows up with every channel empty if I open from the auto-saved version. Can someone with Omnisphere please try this for me? ...Open any auto-saved version of a sequence that is using Omnisphere and tell me if the patch info is there. Thx!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Post by dix »

Changed the Topic for this. ...i have feeling i'm on my own, but:

Turns out my Omnisphere issue isn't just an auto-save issue. Sequences that were saved normally are also forgetting their patch info. Big PIA when it happens. Unless I remember to save the Multi, I have to find an earlier version where the patches *were* saved (if possible) and bring them over to the new :(

Is anyone else having the of Omnisphere not remembering patches in DP9?

Thanks.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

dix wrote:Changed the Topic for this. ...i have feeling i'm on my own, but:

Turns out my Omnisphere issue isn't just an auto-save issue. Sequences that were saved normally are also forgetting their patch info. Big PIA when it happens. Unless I remember to save the Multi, I have to find an earlier version where the patches *were* saved (if possible) and bring them over to the new :(

Thanks.
It's working here.. I have a project I've been working on that has 4 or 5 instances of Omni 2, haven't had any trouble in DP9.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

dix wrote:Changed the Topic for this. ...i have feeling i'm on my own, but:

Thanks.
I had this happen with Omnisphere 1 in DP9 when I was chasing another issue with DP9 (MIDI tracks randomnly reassigning their output assignments - MOTU support & I still working this). Single patches in each Omnisphere. Manually save the DP Project. Reopen said project and the patch in Omnisphere went back to the default patch. This happened a couple of times but was not consistent. Most of the time Omnisphere came back with the correct patch when the project was reopened.

Related to above: the random reassignment has been taken care for the moment by reinstalling DP9 (I use the download and not the dvd) but for how long I have no idea.
dix

Re: Omnisphere not retaining patch info in DP9?

Post by dix »

Hmm. I don't have the MIDI-reassign issue, but that sounds similar - most of the time Omnisphere comes back correctly. I'll might try reinstalling DP9. Please let me know if that fix appears to fix your Omnisphere issue if you think of it, musicman. ...reinstalling Omnisphere2'd be a bit more complicated since the v1 version content is on dvd while v2 is download.

Thanks for the responses!
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

dix wrote:Hmm. I don't have the MIDI-reassign issue, but that sounds similar - most of the time Omnisphere comes back correctly. I'll might try reinstalling DP9. Please let me know if that fix appears to fix your Omnisphere issue if you think of it, musicman. ...reinstalling Omnisphere2'd be a bit more complicated since the v1 version content is on dvd while v2 is download.

Thanks for the responses!
But if you save the download to a safe place then a reload shouldn't be any more complicated. And it should certainly be faster providing you have it saved to a hard drive. Actually I save all my downloads off to three places - two separate hard drives and double layer dvd's. Yeah it's a bit anal but if I need a reinstall of something I have it right at hand.

As to reinstalling DP9 fixing my recall problem I'll report back when I have more time to torture test it. Like I said it's not a constant problem which makes it all the more difficult to fix.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Keen to see how you guys go with this.

O2's still a spec in the distance but at least I can see it now...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
terbarino

Post by terbarino »

HI there - I've been losing patched as well in DP9...anyone solve this?
Thanks!
dix

Post by dix »

Turns out for me Omnisphere is also forgetting it's patches in VEP, so I'm not sure it's a DP issue anymore. Though it may be. I think VEP patch info is stored in the DP document.

Anyway, no fix yet. I emailed Spectrasonics last week, but they haven't gotten back to me. ...not too impressed with their support at the moment. :|
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

dix wrote:Turns out for me Omnisphere is also forgetting it's patches in VEP, so I'm not sure it's a DP issue anymore. Though it may be. I think VEP patch info is stored in the DP document.

Anyway, no fix yet. I emailed Spectrasonics last week, but they haven't gotten back to me. ...not too impressed with their support at the moment. :|

In my experience Spectrasonics support(via phone) is really very, very good.
Call,leave a message and they will call you back,it's usually Les that calls me.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
dix

Post by dix »

Yes, they're usually more responsive. To be fair, they got back to me right away on Wednesday, asking for additional info, but haven't gotten back to me after that.
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Yikes!
I have several projects that are very Omnisphere intensive.
I won't go 9 on them.
Bought DP9 to support the cause.
It usually takes about 3 or 4 revs to get DP working smooth.
I won't use 9 for a while.
No complaints here, I love DP.
All is well
dix

Post by dix »

Again, I'm no longer certain it's a DP issue. I'm having the same issue when Omnisphere is loaded in other apps. I'll bug Spectrasonics again and see if they have any suggestions.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thank you for the update, dix.

Still keen to hear how this pans out...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here