DP 9 stops working altogether >> Resolved

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 stops working altogether >> Resolved

Post by bayswater »

I've been working on a project started in DP 9 for several days. It has a variety of plugins audio, MIDI, and VI tracks, a few chunks etc. Today DP 9 crashed immediately after showing a couple of stripped down VI windows. I've tried a safe start, repaired permissions, restarted, tried a different audio device, and reinstalled. DP 8 runs fine and opens the project that was started in DP 9. The console makes reference to not finding a Mackie control file associated with Cuemix. Other console messages are odd, but also appear as DP 8 is starting.

I can't call tech support until Monday. Any suggestions on what to look for or try before then are appreciated.
Last edited by bayswater on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cuttime

Re: DP 9 stops working altogether

Post by cuttime »

bayswater wrote: The console makes reference to not finding a Mackie control file associated with Cuemix.
I've gotten this same console message with the automation point crash. I tried disabling all OSC parameters but didn't have any luck.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I deleted preferences (which I was really hoping not to do). DP 9 now opens fine and I can start a new project from my default startup template. So I guess the project was corrupt. My old preferences reloaded the most recent project on DP startup, so it always crashed.

If I put my old preference file back in place, Is there a way to bypass that option to reload the most recent project when DP starts up? Then at least I can try starting a new project and load in surviving parts of the project that is causing the problems, and not have to redo all my preferences.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Rename the project in the finder?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
RodneySauer

Post by RodneySauer »

bayswater wrote:Is there a way to bypass that option to reload the most recent project when DP starts up?
Go to Preferences: General: Document. Top item is "Startup Options." Pick "welcome to Digital Performer" or "none."
Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Thanks MLC. That's the way. Randy, if I'd need to change the preferences in the original preference file. Changing them in the new preference file doesn't change the old one.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sorry, Rodney, not Randy.

I renamed the project file and with the old preferences it still crashes. Removing the preference file and trying to open the project crashes. Removing preferences, starting a new project, and loading in the working sequence from the old project works.

I guess the project and preferences were corrupted. Perhaps the two are related. I'll just have to rebuild the preferences. First time ever I've had to do that since DP 5.