fades mysteriously disappearing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
csavetman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

fades mysteriously disappearing

Post by csavetman »

I have a project started a couple of days ago in DP9 with a single edited stereo track which has a bunch of fades in place between soundbites.
Today, I opened up the project and some of the fades were simply not there. I opened a copy of the project off a backup drive and the fades were all in place.

Now, when I load that backup sequence into another sequence I'm working on, again, some (not all) of the fades just don't transfer over.

Anybody know what might be the cause of some fades just randomly disappearing in a project, or not carrying over in a load sequence operation?

thanks

Carlos

DP 9
Mac Pro Dual quad core 2.8
OS 10.8.5
10 GB ram
cbergm7210

Re: fades mysteriously disappearing

Post by cbergm7210 »

Don't know the cause, but fades disappear all the time around here. When Loading a project into a new one I expect there to missing fades every time. This has been going on since version 7...
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Dual Quad Core Nahalem, 16 Gigs RAM, DP 9, RME Fireface 800, MOTU MIDIexpress 128, Mac OS 10.8.5

http://www.rfjmusic.com
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

cbergm7210 wrote:Don't know the cause, but fades disappear all the time around here. When Loading a project into a new one I expect there to missing fades every time. This has been going on since version 7...
Hmm. That's interesting. Didn't realize it was a longer standing issue. Thanks.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I always keep an eye on fades, as they often decide to not show up. Then merge and purge.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Yep, same here.. although I can't say I remember it happening since DP 8.07

I seem to recall it being a serious issue for me when going from DP7 to DP8.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.