Drum Editor and groove quantize in DP9

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Drum Editor and groove quantize in DP9

Post by labman »

Haven't used this in a long while. But in the drum editor we are able to assign differing groove quantize templates to each individual drum. (i.e. : Use 'late snare' groove profile on the snare track while using 'early kick' on the kick drum notes.) Using DP9 when I assign one and then move to the next drum, and then come back to the first few groove quantize assigned, it looks like they didn't 'stick'. You are back at square one seeing the basic 'which groove do you want to choose hierarchy.

Can anyone verify who is more drum editor savvy than moi' ? :) Thanks. My head hurts.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Drum Editor and groove quantize in DP9

Post by mikehalloran »

Drum Editor has been reported to have issues in DP 9

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... or#p509572
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:Drum Editor has been reported to have issues in DP 9

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... or#p509572
Not to mention 8, 7, 6, and 5. I only had 4 for a few weeks; don't know about that one. :banghead:
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Agreed. I was hoping it would be fixed in 9. I have never used it having been scared off by all the negative reports over the years.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I was hoping for a bit of an update and minor overhaul. The idea is great, the execution is out of date. It seems to be going the way of the Notation Editor, something could be more useful but seems to have fallen out of favour.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
labman

Post by labman »

I can't get groove quantize to work at all in the drum editor. :banghead:

It works in plugin window in mixer. (you dont see the groove you are choosing highlighted, but it does select it). And it still works superb in region menu.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
labman

Post by labman »

Got this from Motu tech today after giving them the steps to verify.

"Just wanted to touch base concerning our call the other day. I've reproduced the issue where groove quantize does not function in the Drum Editor in both DP8 and DP9 - looks like DP7.24 was the last time it functioned correctly. It's been logged as a bug with our development team."
labman

Post by labman »

Was this ever fixed anyone know???