Importing old sound banks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
BigEcat
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Importing old sound banks

Post by BigEcat »

The other day, I decided to break out my old SC-88 and Micro-Piano and M1. Got them up and running but can not figure out how to get the sound banks to say other than Patch1, Patch2 etc... Do I need to buy a third party software for this or is there a way to to this in DP8? I remember older version of DP where you could do this in the MIDI set-up.
G4 Dual 1.25/2x80 gig HD/2gig ram/ OS10.4.11/DP6.1/828 MKII/UA-2-610/Mach 5-2/MX4/Waves Musican & Native Power Pack/Atmosphere/Stormdrum/Stylus RMX/Guitar Rig 3/Lots of samples/+7 cats
Gravity Jim

Re: Importing old sound banks

Post by Gravity Jim »

You can choose the correct .midnam files for a synth or expansion card by opening the "Bundles" window, choosing "MIDI Devices," then double-clicking the name of the device and choosing "Patches" in the new window, but.... there is a "Default" setting that should be showing the patch names for the given synth; that is, if DP recognizes the synth and has a .midnam patch list available.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
BigEcat

Re: Importing old sound banks

Post by BigEcat »

Thanks Gravity Jim.
G4 Dual 1.25/2x80 gig HD/2gig ram/ OS10.4.11/DP6.1/828 MKII/UA-2-610/Mach 5-2/MX4/Waves Musican & Native Power Pack/Atmosphere/Stormdrum/Stylus RMX/Guitar Rig 3/Lots of samples/+7 cats