DP 9's Conductor Track

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9's Conductor Track

Post by Phil O »

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere. I'm having a couple of problems with DP9's conductor track.

1) When in the Tempo layer, you used to be able to hover the cursor over the tempo scale and it turned into a magnifying glass and click-draging it would set the range of the scale. I can't seem to get this to work. Has the method for changing the scale changed or is this a problem?

2) I can't seem to get Insert Tempo Beat Value to work at all. Can anyone confirm this?

It's working fine in 8.07 BTW.

Thanks,
Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
bayswater

Re: DP 9's Conductor Track

Post by bayswater »

I get the magnifying glass but dragging it over the tempo scale has no effect.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

1. Tempo Zoom confirmed working in DP 8.07, broken in DP9.0.

2. Insert Tempo Beat Value has never worked for me in the Conductor track in DP8 or DP9. The only way I've been able to change this was using the Event List (the note in the event line changes it).

I did get Insert->Tempo Beat Value to work once just now in DP 8.07, then it stopped working.

It's notable that in DP8.07 and DP9.0, when it doesn't work, it also doesn't add an undo event.

edit: Insert->Tempo Beat Value does change what the next inserted event is though. I never noticed that. Is it supposed to only change newly inserted items, or items that have been inserted already? If the former, then it's working in DP9.0 as intended.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

bayswater wrote:I get the magnifying glass but dragging it over the tempo scale has no effect.
Yeah, same here.
Robert Randolph wrote:...edit: Insert->Tempo Beat Value does change what the next inserted event is though. I never noticed that. Is it supposed to only change newly inserted items, or items that have been inserted already? If the former, then it's working in DP9.0 as intended.
Hmm. I just tried this and you're right. I don't seem to recall it working that way in the past though. I wonder if they've just changed how it works (or doesn't work :shock: ). Perhaps it's always worked that way and I've been using it incorrectly. :shock: :shock:

As always, thanks for the replies, guys.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

If it's any consolation I've been using it wrong too, assuming it's working as intended.

I thought it was broken in DP8, so I had always been making my Tempo Beat Value changes with the Event List. This saves me some time now though!

They should change the menu labeled to something else, since it doesn't actually insert any thing.