Wiper and audio slight mismatch

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Wiper and audio slight mismatch

Post by philbrown »

I do a LOT of spoken word micro-editing that involves editing down to the syllable and partial-syllable level. There is a behavior I've observed in DP for years through various versions and am curious about. I can illustrate it best with an example. Say I'm listening to a sentence "All cows eat grass." As I'm listening I hit the space bar between 'eat' and 'grass', so what I hear is "All cows eat". However in the sequence editor I clearly see the wiper is parked between 'cows' and 'eat'. If I hit the spacebar again to play I hear "eat grass", so I'm hearing 'eat' twice. It's a minor annoyance I'm used to, but I would prefer it if the audio and wiper position always matched exactly, no matter what. Does anyone know what causes that (buffers, etc)?
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce