DP8 MIDI problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ceve
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 MIDI problem

Post by ceve »

Hi

I am using DP8 on an Imac 2010 with OS X yosemite and 10Go Ram.
I am a long time DP user (since DP4) but I have a problem with MIDI (I am not a MIDI user usually).
I have a class compliant MIDI USB keyboard (garagekey mini) connected to the Imac. It appears as 'garage key mini' in utility/audio&MIDI configuration. when I play the keyboard DP's MIDI monitor shows an activity. for example I add a MIDI track instrument with omnisphere2 then I arm record on the track but nothing happend. in fact, if I use dp's MIDI key there's no sound too. But on sequence windows, if I hit the MIDI track's piano roll, Omnisphere makes sound.

any ideas?
stubbsonic

Re: DP8 MIDI problem

Post by stubbsonic »

It's a little difficult to tell from your description if you taken all the steps to get the thing configured correctly.

You've got the keyboard showing up in AudioMIDI Setup's MIDI window. That should be fine. If DP8 is NOT setup for MultiRecord, then DP should just take any MIDI input and record it to the MIDI track. You then create an instrument track for your VI. Alternatively, you can create a V-Rack and put the VI in there. Then for your MIDI track, you assign output to the VI and input channel of the VI (if it is multi-timbral, it will pay attention to the channel assignment).

Then make sure you assign the output of the VI to the desired destination. (There's more on that, but maybe you don't need help there).

On the VI's little mini menu (lil triangle in the upper right) choose to "Run the instance in realtime". That will make it so you can click on a note in the editor and notes will sound.

There maybe something else happening, but that's the basic rundown of the setup.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
ceve

Post by ceve »

thank,

It's ok in audio MIDI setup.
Dp is not in multirecord.
MIDI track is set like that: MIDI in = blank /MIDI out = omnisphere2 / rec is armed.
VI track (omnisphere) is set like that: output TCkonnekt24
VI is set to real time
When I record, the MIDI informations are recorded but I can't hear the VI while recording but if I stop record then play back, what I've recorded plays well.
can't have direct playing. recording and play back works.

ps: sorry, I am not an english speaking native!
ceve

Post by ceve »

I've tried on my macbookpro with DP8(same update) , but with osx 10.6.8 and the keyboard works. DP8 and yosemite OS compatibillity problem or do I miss something in my setup?
I've used in DP6 MIDI filter (not to record aftertouch or so...) but I can't find it on DP8 (it really makes a long time i am not using MIDI).