DP 9 bug when entering info in the Event List.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
RROY
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 bug when entering info in the Event List.

Post by RROY »

Is it just me, when entering info in the event list in DP 9, Tempo change, key change, volume, pan, whatever I've checked so far, DP creates multiple events of the same event when hitting enter. It will not exit the field when clicking elsewhere and creates several events, random amounts until eventually exiting the field. Never had this problem in DP 8.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
cleamon

Re: DP 9 bug when entering info in the Event List.

Post by cleamon »

RROY wrote:Is it just me, when entering info in the event list in DP 9, Tempo change, key change, volume, pan, whatever I've checked so far, DP creates multiple events of the same event when hitting enter. It will not exit the field when clicking elsewhere and creates several events, random amounts until eventually exiting the field. Never had this problem in DP 8.
DP8 does this for me. Drives me nuts..
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I've had it happen on rare occasions. But I can't make it happen on demand. If you can, it ought to be reported. Maybe related to a bug some of us experienced a while back when DP momentarily ignored mouse, keyboard and pad input for a while, then did a load of things all at once. I haven't seen that for a long time.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

RROY wrote:Is it just me, when entering info in the event list in DP 9, Tempo change, key change, volume, pan, whatever I've checked so far, DP creates multiple events of the same event when hitting enter. It will not exit the field when clicking elsewhere and creates several events, random amounts until eventually exiting the field. Never had this problem in DP 8.
It is happening as described above.
Reported to MOTU.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
RROY

Post by RROY »

I was almost going to take back what I said earlier, since for whatever reason
DP's Event List started to behave properly, but then I went back to the same project and it would not exit the field and created about a dozen events before it closed. So it seems to be somewhat intermittent.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

It's consistently occurring on an intermittent basis here in existing projects as well as new empty projects. Attempting to Quit DP to stop the madness causes a crash.
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

OSX beta 10.10.5 seems to have fixed this issue.

The issue persists on my 10.10.4 system.
yamguitar

Post by yamguitar »

I experienced this same behavior just days ago. It was maddening, but I thought at the time I was doing something wrong. Glad to see I'm not nuts for thinking the RETURN key would close the text field.
4 GHz Intel Core i7 iMac Retina 5K, 32GB RAM, OS 12.7.4 • MOTU M6 • DP 11.31, Reason 12.7.4, Dorico Elements 5.1
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:I've had it happen on rare occasions. But I can't make it happen on demand. If you can, it ought to be reported. Maybe related to a bug some of us experienced a while back when DP momentarily ignored mouse, keyboard and pad input for a while, then did a load of things all at once. I haven't seen that for a long time.
I've had DP9 ignore the computer keyboard lately so it's still happening.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:
bayswater wrote:I've had it happen on rare occasions. But I can't make it happen on demand. If you can, it ought to be reported. Maybe related to a bug some of us experienced a while back when DP momentarily ignored mouse, keyboard and pad input for a while, then did a load of things all at once. I haven't seen that for a long time.
I do see it now and then, but wonder if it's DP or OS X. Sometimes happen with other apps too. A bit like Windows XP which used to wander off and do more important stuff by itself for a while.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:
I do see it now and then, but wonder if it's DP or OS X. Sometimes happen with other apps too. A bit like Windows XP which used to wander off and do more important stuff by itself for a while.
I don't think it's OSX because when that happened in DP I could open other applications and the keyboard responded no problem but DP was still ignoring the keyboard. It cleared up when I closed the project I was working on, opened another project (did not quit DP between these steps) and that project was okay responding to everything on the keyboard.