DP9 issue with Eucon when upgrading to MAC OS 10.9.5

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cafeinamusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 issue with Eucon when upgrading to MAC OS 10.9.5

Post by cafeinamusic »

I upgraded to DP9 last week and our Eucon controllers worked just fine in MAC OS 10.9.4. Yesterday we updated to MAC OS 10.9.5 and Eucon just stopped working with DP9. When I go to the control surface setup menu on DP9 and choose the EUCON option the program collapses and quits everytime.
I tried solving it installing the last version of the Eucon Software (3.2.2) that it is supposed to be compatible with Mavericks 10.9.5 but still didn't work. One more thing, when I installed the DP9, the Eucon bundle extension in Library/Audio/Plugins/MotuControlSurface dissapears. Should I downgrade to MAC OS 10.9.4? or upgrade to the Yosemite? I'll appreciate your help.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9 issue with Eucon when upgrading to MAC OS 10.9.5

Post by mikehalloran »

I've seen this many times both after certain plugin installs and after OS upgrades. Try reinstalling DP, repair Permissions and reboot. When DP can't find plugins, that's always the first thing to try and usually takes care of the problem.

OS 10.9.4 has a bug with Time Machine that makes it absolutely unacceptable, IMO.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro