"Erase" command stopped working. [RESOLVED]

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Erase" command stopped working. [RESOLVED]

Post by Dwetmaster »

Ok this one is totally new to me. It seems that, since I've installed DP9, the Backspace does not delete soundbites anymore!!! It works on text and with any modifiers but not as a simple "delete" key on MIDI notes nor soundbites. And wether I'm in the sequence editor, track Overview or MIDI editor it's the same thing.

I went in the command window and assign the "Erase" command to FWD-Delete key and it works. But as you know, you can't assign any command to the backspace key.

Please help somebody.
Last edited by Dwetmaster on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
Dwetmaster

Re: "Erase" command stopped working. PLEASE someone help me!

Post by Dwetmaster »

... And if I revert back to the default command the Erase command works fine. I wish there was a way to use BACKSPACE as a valid command
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

That is not the case here: the DEL key works as it always has.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'd check my COMMANDS window for both SOUNDBITES and DELETE as well as any keys that might have been set to DELETE.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

Thanks Guys. My problem was that somehow importing the commands took out the "Erase" command in the command window. And The Backspace key cannot be assigned to any command because it takes you out from the editing mode when you try enter a new command.
I spoke with MOTU, and the best solution we found was to start from the default and re-enter ALL OF MY KEY COMMANDS, one by one. Which I did and now it is working. But that's total non-sense to me... SMH

Anyways, it is now resolved.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: "Erase" command stopped working. [RESOLVED]

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I win! :woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Dwetmaster wrote:Thanks Guys. My problem was that somehow importing the commands took out the "Erase" command in the command window. And The Backspace key cannot be assigned to any command because it takes you out from the editing mode when you try enter a new command.
I spoke with MOTU, and the best solution we found was to start from the default and re-enter ALL OF MY KEY COMMANDS, one by one. Which I did and now it is working. But that's total non-sense to me... SMH

Anyways, it is now resolved.
Gads! How did you know all the shortcuts you've created over the years? There must be hundreds! I guess you could print out a copy before you erase them all, then go down your list one-by-one and reenter all the ones that have changed. What a job!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|