DP9 Full Screen Float/Graphics Problem?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 Full Screen Float/Graphics Problem?

Post by cuttime »

iMac i7 w/Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB:
Effects/VI windows not floating fullscreen, but in some cases trapped in the scroll bar layer?
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP9 Full Screen Float/Graphics Problem?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I had this problem with the mixer in DP 8. The solution was to open it in the main (center) screen and then pop it out. If I'm the side panel of the CW it wouldn't pop out. Doing so would crash DP fairly reliably.

I still have to play with it but my initial test showed similar issues on my machine with DP 9 as well as screen redraw problems. More next week...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Tried to submit a Techlink, but couldn't get it to go through. MUST WAIT!
MIDI Life Crisis

Have you tried facing?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

A new one on me: I was futzing around with this issue trying to find a work around and I caused a crash, and up popped a MOTU crash reporter that I've never seen before:
(I might add that the crash was VERY snappy!)
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

cuttime wrote: (I might add that the crash was VERY snappy!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

cuttime wrote:A new one on me: I was futzing around with this issue trying to find a work around and I caused a crash, and up popped a MOTU crash reporter that I've never seen before:
(I might add that the crash was VERY snappy!)
I wonder if MOTU did this expecting problems with DP9 or they just wanted to get better info than might be provided with a Techlink? Speaking of that does anyone at MOTU even read them? Submitted one a couple of weeks back that hasn't been read and another this week and no response on that one either.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

There was a crash reporter in DP 8, at least for the first few revisions. Either they turned it off, or I did -- I don't remember.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

A crash reporter is nice but that assumes you have your daw computer online. What about those of us that don't regularly do that? An option of being able to copy the crash report to a file and sneakernet it over to an internet machine would be a good thing.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:A crash reporter is nice but that assumes you have your daw computer online. What about those of us that don't regularly do that? An option of being able to copy the crash report to a file and sneakernet it over to an internet machine would be a good thing.
I don't suppose it matters to MOTU. Most people will have their computer connected, and if there is a bug causing a crash, they'll get a report from someone.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:A crash reporter is nice but that assumes you have your daw computer online. What about those of us that don't regularly do that? An option of being able to copy the crash report to a file and sneakernet it over to an internet machine would be a good thing.
I don't suppose it matters to MOTU. Most people will have their computer connected, and if there is a bug causing a crash, they'll get a report from someone.
To tell the truth I don't know of many who have their studio machine connected 24/7 to the internet. There are some who will of course.
MIDI Life Crisis

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

My Techlink says "In Progress". I can pretty much duplicate this behavior consistently in CWs and full screen mode. The floating window really hates the right hand side bar, and if I close it completely, the windows behave a lot better. If I lose the floater, switching the CW tabs usually brings it back.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

cuttime wrote:My Techlink says "In Progress". I can pretty much duplicate this behavior consistently in CWs and full screen mode. The floating window really hates the right hand side bar, and if I close it completely, the windows behave a lot better. If I lose the floater, switching the CW tabs usually brings it back.
At least they're looking at yours. I have one from June 12 and another from June 25 and both are showing unread. The June 12 one is for ProVerb and the June 25 one is for MIDI learn related to MX4.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

This from the latest Techlink update:

"Thanks for passing this along.

We are able to reproduce a few scenarios here and will pass these details along to our development team. In the meantime, it may be best to not use Full Screen mode until we are able to implement a fix.

Let me know if you have any other questions or details to share, and I'll do my best to keep you posted on the status of this issue."