DP9 Full Screen Float/Graphics Problem?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
musicman691

Re: DP9 Full Screen Float/Graphics Problem?

Post by musicman691 »

cuttime wrote:This from the latest Techlink update:

"Thanks for passing this along.

We are able to reproduce a few scenarios here and will pass these details along to our development team. In the meantime, it may be best to not use Full Screen mode until we are able to implement a fix.

Let me know if you have any other questions or details to share, and I'll do my best to keep you posted on the status of this issue."
Looks like there's more than a few issues with the initial release of DP9 and that's not unexpected. At least so far they're able to repro the issues we're seeing. I have a Techlink in on MX4 not remembering MIDI learn and it turns out that MX4 never retained learned settings so that's going to hopefully be fixed in the next update.

PS: The other Techlink I have in has been answered.
csavetman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by csavetman »

musicman691 wrote:
cuttime wrote:This from the latest Techlink update:

"Thanks for passing this along.

We are able to reproduce a few scenarios here and will pass these details along to our development team. In the meantime, it may be best to not use Full Screen mode until we are able to implement a fix.

Let me know if you have any other questions or details to share, and I'll do my best to keep you posted on the status of this issue."
Looks like there's more than a few issues with the initial release of DP9 and that's not unexpected. At least so far they're able to repro the issues we're seeing. I have a Techlink in on MX4 not remembering MIDI learn and it turns out that MX4 never retained learned settings so that's going to hopefully be fixed in the next update.

PS: The other Techlink I have in has been answered.
Well at least your getting your tech links answered. I can't get them to read mine. I must have the cooties.

Carlos
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

csavetman wrote:
Well at least your getting your tech links answered. I can't get them to read mine. I must have the cooties.

Carlos
I don't know if you believe in coincidence or not but I didn't receive any notification that my Techlinks were being looked at until AFTER I mentioned that fact here. In fairness to MOTU they may well have been swamped with the drop of DP9 but I would figure Tech Support would be a separate department.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

My recollection is an email is automatically generated when something is added to the techlink thread, but not when just the status changes.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

bayswater wrote:My recollection is an email is automatically generated when something is added to the techlink thread, but not when just the status changes.
Yes I do get the automated email when creating the tech link.. But that's where it ends Then it's just a bridge to nowhere, or status unread.
It seems others have had a success with tech links. My experience with it however, has been underwhelming to say the least.

Phone support it is then.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

musicman691 wrote:
bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:A crash reporter is nice but that assumes you have your daw computer online. What about those of us that don't regularly do that? An option of being able to copy the crash report to a file and sneakernet it over to an internet machine would be a good thing.
I don't suppose it matters to MOTU. Most people will have their computer connected, and if there is a bug causing a crash, they'll get a report from someone.
To tell the truth I don't know of many who have their studio machine connected 24/7 to the internet. There are some who will of course.
While we're being anecdotal now... To tell the truth I don't know of many who DO NOT have their studio machine connected 24/7 to the Internet.

Just balancing potentially unscientific conclusions.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

James Steele wrote:
musicman691 wrote: To tell the truth I don't know of many who have their studio machine connected 24/7 to the internet. There are some who will of course.
While we're being anecdotal now... To tell the truth I don't know of many who DO NOT have their studio machine connected 24/7 to the Internet.

Just balancing potentially unscientific conclusions.
Up until OS X, I tried to keep my work computer off-line, except when I needed to download something work-related. Sometime after OS X had become old-hat, I realized that running apps in the background, including Safari or Mail, did not degrade my work software performance, so I quit letting it be an issue. Now, DP expects to be connected, at least for certain things, and nobody buys boxes with discs and manual anymore. It's all downloaded. So yeah, my work computer is running 24/7 (sleeping when I do), and it's always connected. If I suspect something weird going on, as in constant Tx/Rx online, I may change my Location to a dumb one that effectively disconnects me from all networks. So far, I've never had a nefarious connection that I know of, and I've gone to lengths to watch out and find out.

I just don't think it's a big deal anymore.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Shooshie wrote: Up until OS X, I tried to keep my work computer off-line, except when I needed to download something work-related. Sometime after OS X had become old-hat, I realized that running apps in the background, including Safari or Mail, did not degrade my work software performance, so I quit letting it be an issue. Now, DP expects to be connected, at least for certain things, and nobody buys boxes with discs and manual anymore. It's all downloaded. So yeah, my work computer is running 24/7 (sleeping when I do), and it's always connected. If I suspect something weird going on, as in constant Tx/Rx online, I may change my Location to a dumb one that effectively disconnects me from all networks. So far, I've never had a nefarious connection that I know of, and I've gone to lengths to watch out and find out.

I just don't think it's a big deal anymore.

Shoosh
You say 'DP expects to be connected, at least for certain things' - could you elaborate what those things are other than for crash reports? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but am curious what you think those things are.

May not be a big deal for you but I've had issues with ProTools 11.3.1 in synth-heavy sessions (30+ synth tracks) and the system being online with PT crapping out big time. That's why I have a separate machine for internet access. Downloads I sneakernet over to my daw Mac via little memory cards. Same thing with OSX updates - I grab the delta updater and sneakernet it over. I don't sweat security updates on the daw Mac because it doesn't go online. I don't want a program randomnly phoning home whenever it feels like.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote: I don't want a program randomnly phoning home whenever it feels like.
That's what Little Snitch is for.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8