Click Not starting on Beat 1 Help!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Padank
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Click Not starting on Beat 1 Help!

Post by Padank »

Hi Guys!
I feel like I always have the oddest issues with DP but am thankful for those of you that are
smarter then me. :D

Suddenly, (must have hit a Shortcut?) my click is starting on the 2nd quarter note of the first measure. I'm in 4/4, there is no count off checked and I have looked at the metronome settings.
I opened a test session and am using the same metronome defaults as the Test. The Test is performing normally with the beat 1 click starting on Beat 1.
Also, while there is a blank movie that loads with this templet, the conductor track is off/Blank.
OMG, this has slowed down my progress today!!~
Help!
Thank you-
JC
HCMarkus

Re: Click Not starting on Beat 1 Help!

Post by HCMarkus »

Do you have a look-ahead limiter plugin on your master?
Padank

Post by Padank »

Hi HCMarkus,
Apparently, I do! I have a newly purchased UAD2 and the Precision Limiter according to the manual:
Precision Limiter Latency
The Precision Limiter has a 1.5ms look-ahead window to ensure clipping does not occur. This look-ahead function results in a slightly larger latency than other UAD plug-ins. See “Upsampled Plug-Ins” on page 550 for more information.
Note: Compensating for Precision Limiter is not required if the host application supports full plug-in delay compensation throughout the signal path, or when it is used only on the outputs.

I have never had this issue with a Limiter In DP. I have delay compensation on. Why would the Metronome delay? I can take UAD Plugs off while tracking but my workflow prefers to mix as I go.
Would messing with Fine Tune I/O help? Any other solutions?

MCMarkus- You Rock for figuring this out! :woohoo:
Thank you-
JC
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

You can use UAD plugs on all but the master and your click should be ok. If you like to work with a limiter on your master buss, consider setting a preset that can be cleared and recalled without much effort.

You can also route your click to a physical output via aux other than master buss

Or route all your tracks to an aux buss with the limiter, than feed its output to your master buss (with no limiter on that buss) that the click is also fed to.

Regardless of how the click is setup, projects that have look ahead plugs inserted on any track tend to make VI real time response sluggish. If VI response is lacking with even a small DP buffer, look for and remove plugs that involve look ahead.
Padank

Post by Padank »

Fantastic suggestions, thank you!
I think routing the click to an aux should be the easiest for me.
All your options are solid though, and this should be a sticky.
Thanks again!
JC