Amplidood's "Wouldn't it be nice..." list 2

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Amplidood's "Wouldn't it be nice..." list 2

Post by monkey man »

Oh well, I keep bringing it up in these situations so I'll bow to my own tradition:

Vocoder!

MOTU would do it right, and it'd be awesome. Even those who've figured they'd never need one would use it, IMHO, and probably in applications they'd never imagined.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

monkey man wrote:Oh well, I keep bringing it up in these situations so I'll bow to my own tradition:

Vocoder!

MOTU would do it right, and it'd be awesome. Even those who've figured they'd never need one would use it, IMHO, and probably in applications they'd never imagined.
You know man, I DO think they’d get it right.. I agree!!!!
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Tesionman wrote:This is an oldie but: MUTE MIDI NOTES!!!!!
Also, I would still prefer to have "traditional" Mute and Solo buttons in the sequence editor.
Agreed on mute MIDI notes. It's the one knock on DP's great MIDI implementation that I read on the 'net. Probably the one daw that doesn't have it. Select a note or range of notes, right click and select 'mute notes'.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

I'll just remind you 'MIDI mute' guys of this post: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10811376-post32.html

I will also refrain from even mentioning absolute grid, the biggest glaring issue in DP besides lack of MIDI mute.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

toodamnhip wrote:
dix wrote:A different modifier for soloing a track and turning off every (other friggn) track in the project.

- Option-click on a track while in Solo mode and just that track is soloed (something I need to do often)

- Option-click on a track while NOT in Solo mode and every track in the entire chunk, in every folder and sub-folder, is turned off (something I never need to do) making it often impossible to get back on large projects with dozens, or 100+ tracks. This remains my #1-with-a-bullet DP groove-killer (I have to treat it like a crash) Seems like a different modifier for one operation or the other would be simple to implement.
+1
+2
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Arceo

Post by Arceo »

Shooshie wrote:
toodamnhip wrote:
dix wrote:A different modifier for soloing a track and turning off every (other friggn) track in the project.

- Option-click on a track while in Solo mode and just that track is soloed (something I need to do often)

- Option-click on a track while NOT in Solo mode and every track in the entire chunk, in every folder and sub-folder, is turned off (something I never need to do) making it often impossible to get back on large projects with dozens, or 100+ tracks. This remains my #1-with-a-bullet DP groove-killer (I have to treat it like a crash) Seems like a different modifier for one operation or the other would be simple to implement.
+1
+2
+3! :mrgreen:
Robert Randolph

What would be really nice is if DP had a similar mouse modifier customization as another DAW, where you can change how various mouse modifiers work yourself.

DP already has the awesome command window, this would be an excellent extension to fix a lot of people's problems. It could also open the door to some more efficient workflows that are yet unknown as well.

Last edited by Robert Randolph on Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I can't figure out what you're showing us with that image.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Robert Randolph

bayswater wrote:I can't figure out what you're showing us with that image.
Sorry, I was already posting another one that's not as spastic.

It's just the available list of user-customizable mouse modifiers in another program.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

That's better.

OK, where do I get a Win key.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

dix wrote:Interesting. I think I found the GeatSlutz thread you're referring to. I don't see anything specific about mute MIDI notes, but it does indicate there'll be a lot more workflow improvements than what's been announced. Also, a vague timeline is mentioned!; Early summer at the earliest.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... iew-2.html
This quote isn't a 100% statement that it's in there, but it's as close as a developer can come about an unannounced minor feature.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/10811376-post32.html
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.