Digital Performer 7 Record-enable button is flashing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
soundjam
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Digital Performer 7 Record-enable button is flashing

Post by soundjam »

Is a problem that I never had and I can not find it in the manual.
Audio tracks have the red record-enable button flashing, and you can not turn it off, this causes the intermittent playback.
If i turned off the one/two audio tracks everything works fine.
What I know and I read in the manual: when you select the track to record turns red and when you clear gray back, right?
On what occasion record-enable button flashes ??
One last thing:
if I put the cursor anywhere on the screen (where there are no controls) and push the mouse, everything works perfectly again (no intermittent playback), until you release the mouse button ...
stubbsonic

Re: Digital Performer 7 Record-enable button is flashing

Post by stubbsonic »

I couldn't do anything to make the track's record enable flash on/off. Are you sure you have a valid input? (even that doesn't make it flash here).

At first, I thought you might have accidentally enabled "punch-in punch-out". So the record enabled flashes until you are in the punch zone. But the only thing that flashes is the recording button in the transport.

Make sure you have a valid input, a valid output, that punch is off, sync is off, etc. See if that fixes it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Check the 'Wait Button'.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Not sure. Hard to say without a video. Could be Wait button, Pause, or Slave to External Sync. Maybe something else; the fact that it runs with the mouse button down, then stops when you release, throws a kink in all the above suggestions.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
soundjam

Post by soundjam »

Thank you all for your replies.
Probably, because you can not replicate it, it is a problem related to my configuration.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

To be clear, are the little record-enable buttons by the tracks themselves flashing? Or is the main record button on the transport that is flashing?

I've never had those little indicators flash ever. but the main record button will flash under the punch in punch out situation and a few others.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

I have had that before. Trying to think what I did to fix that. Did you trash the prefs ?
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Wait button :), like philbrown said

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
freqsound

Post by freqsound »

I have seen this and know what causes it in my systems. I teach in a school that uses a control surface that can either send HUI (which we use when teaching Pro Tools) or Mackie Control commands (which we use to control DP). When the device is sending HUI into DP it will cause the track that's in record to have its arming button blink on and off about once a second.

See if you have anything that is sending HUI commands to DP, and if so unplug/disable/reset to see if that fixes the problem.