VST Presets Not Available

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bulghur
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VST Presets Not Available

Post by bulghur »

DP 8.07
Yosemite
Various VST/AU plugins by several manufacturers.

I have several plug-ins that support both AU and VST. Depending on the project I will make the decision to use AU or VST. I can see all the AU presets but:
- I see no VST presets in the mini dropdown menu
- I cannot save my VST presets -- I get the following error:
OS error reported by File I/O:
There is no such volume (-35)
Additional information:
- When I select 'reveal in finder' in the mini-menu, it takes me to the location of the AU presets.

I think this is a problem that DP does not know where to look for the VST *.fxb and *.fxp files and it does not have the proper permissions to write to it. I have ensured that my home account can read/write into the all the directories of the Library/Audio directories but I am not sure if DP is using admin or wheel or some other account to do this and I am not ready to open up all permissions on my system files.

I should mention that I am also using Live 9 and all my AU and VST presets appear and are savable to a location of my choosing -- so I know this is a DP problem, not a plug-in problem.

BTW, does anyone know where what file I should delete if I want DP to scan all plugins fresh?

Thanks

Bulghur
Bulghur
mikehalloran

Re: VST Presets Not Available

Post by mikehalloran »

Are you installed in the default location?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I've seen that a lot since DP8. No solution from the vendors. Quite annoying.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
frankf

Post by frankf »

bulghur wrote:DP 8.07

BTW, does anyone know where what file I should delete if I want DP to scan all plugins fresh?

Thanks

Bulghur
You can do this from within DP from Preferences>Audio Plug-ins pane.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I've seen that a lot since DP8. No solution from the vendors. Quite annoying.
It is. I don't use VST plugins much but if I do, I can using the Save Insert Settings function as a workaround.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8