Kontakt crasing DP on opening file

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
artfarm1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Kontakt crasing DP on opening file

Post by artfarm1 »

Hi all, and especially Kontakt experts:

Kontakt plugin is recently crashing DP when I want to re-open certain files. (I'm not sure if some of the files were created before I last updated Kontakt.) It seems inconsistent as to what files will crash and not open. I might 'get lucky' if I try several times, but some files just won't open with Kontakt in plugins.

I'm using Kontakt's latest version (5.4.3.307) and am on DP 8.05 with Mountain Lion.

Any suggestions as to what to look for?
- disabling Kontakt 'Memory Server'? enabling?
- disabling 'multi-core' use? enabling?
- redownload Kontakt?

Thanks!
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
BKK-OZ

Re: Kontakt crasing DP on opening file

Post by BKK-OZ »

I would open Kontakt stand-alone and check that the instruments being used are all loading properly. You might need to rebuild the DB.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

artfarm1 wrote:
Any suggestions as to what to look for?
Update D.P. in 8.07 version _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

Thanks, I took your advice. (... 'twas a good time to update DP anyways. Nice! Seems a bit 'snappier' on my system. Bonus! I always love it when a software update just 'works'!)

All's good. One file that wouldn't open now magically opened, and for the other 'still a problem' file, I used the fantastic DP lifesaver... "Load".

I loaded the 'chunk' from the problem file into a new file, and voila!

Just have to fix up some of my audio out changes, etc., but all is well.
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Super: glad it arranges because it was not sure that helps. :oops:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _