HELP! Audio distorted on playback

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
EMRR
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: HELP! Audio distorted on playback

Post by EMRR »

I found his while searching for an issue that may be related. I'll double post this so it shows up by itself as well.

I have noticed several times with DP8.07 on two different MBP, one an '08 running 10.9.5 the other a '14 running 10.10.4, sequences that play at incorrect speeds with no obvious reason. I have found that, for the first time in my experience with DP, DP can start up set at one sample rate while Audio MIDI can remain at another, not taking a cue from DP as it usually does, and always has in the past. This is always with Built In Output, no interfaces connected. It's a serious head scratcher when it does, since it's never to my knowledge ever been an issue.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: HELP! Audio distorted on playback

Post by monkey man »

Bizarre, Doug.

It's as if DP's not telling the MIDI engine to compensate for the audio speed-up / slow-down, and it's instead rolling on in its own little world.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here