PLAY to VEPro to DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
comp15
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

PLAY to VEPro to DP

Post by comp15 »

(New DP user making progress here:)

I have connected the Master Mac to the PC Slave with a few MIDI tracks and and the necessary AUX track. The AUX track's input is set to the VEPro main output.

Since I'm primarily using East West PLAY right now, my question is in regards to my options to initiate the PLAY plugin within VEPro.

What I have done to connect PLAY to VEPro is by adding a plugin strip, selected PLAY and chose the instruments in there, selected the MIDI-in and output of the VEPro plugin strip. I'm now recording in DP! ...on one track so far.

Here's my question: For those of you who are familiar with PLAY, you'll the know browser view allows you to open and activate up to 16 dedicated MIDI channels in one PLAY instance. I was thinking that I could do this:

-in VEPro create one plugin strip of PLAY
-in PLAY choose up to 16 patches
-In VEPro add up to 16 regular instrument tracks
-in PLAY using the MIXER, set the output of each of those PLAY patches
-in VEPro choose those PLAY outputs as the inputs on the VEPro instrument channel strips
(-then of course VEPro will send outputs to DP as they already are)

This would allow me to utilize far fewer instances of PLAY. Now, if there is a way to do this, please be kind enough to explain the routing, from PLAY to VEPro, to me as there shouldn't be that many steps. If this is not possible or not the best thing to do, please let me know and perhaps the reason, as well.

Perhaps someone is willing to write up a step by step how to route PLAY to VEPro (and if different from above) to DP?

thanks for your help
HARDWARE:
MAC HOST: 2.8 GHz 2010 Quad-Core Intel Xeon; Memory 32 GB OSX Ver 10.7.5
PC SLAVE: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX Intel Motherboard; Intel Core i7-4730K 3.2GHz Six-Core Desktop Processor; CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB Ram (8 x 8GB); Corsair Obsidian Series 900D CC-9011022--WW Black Computer Case; Steinberg UR22; Win 8.1

SAMPLE LIBRARIES (only on PC Slave): East West Hollywood Diamond libraries of Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion, Symphonic Orchestra, Pianos Platinum, Symphonic Choirs, RA