Graphic editing window jumps back in time

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Graphic editing window jumps back in time

Post by philbrown »

Killahurts wrote: I've experienced this for well over a year now. Always had it since first day of DP8. The length of the project doesn't matter. I used to think it did it more often when recording something- but I think I just notice it more. It used to drive me nuts, but I'm so used to it by now that I don't think about it anymore. Hitting the space bar on and off puts it back where (or, near where) it belongs, and that's an automatic response for me now.
Interesting, and thanks for posting. It's still happening here but only once or twice a day and in my case there's no recording going on. It's not a big enough deal to stress over and I do the same space bar move you do to get it to jump back.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
frankf

Post by frankf »

Not in front of DP8 now, but there is a command to view the wiper or counter location. I use this regularly in the situation you describe. It's a sanity saver.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

frankf wrote:Not in front of DP8 now, but there is a command to view the wiper or counter location. I use this regularly in the situation you describe. It's a sanity saver.

Frank Ferrucci
I had a look around and didn't spot that one but the quick double tap on the spacebar works and is a no-brainer to recall. As always- more than one way...
Sometimes I just hit numeric 4 to pre-roll where I was anyway.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
frankf

Post by frankf »

The command is "Scroll to Counter". It is unassigned by default. Works like a charm :)

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

philbrown wrote:Sometimes I just hit numeric 4 to pre-roll where I was anyway.
Wow I hadn't thought of that!

It might be the best way for me.. I'd probably rather go backwards a little, than forward a little with the spacebar trick.. on the other hand, scroll to counter will put you right in-between!

This is why I love DP- we have a little bug that has at least 3 different workarounds, depending on the result you want. :lol:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Already happened 3 times in the last hour or so. Always jumps back ~10-20 seconds before where the wiper is parked and always jumps back in time, not forward. SEEMS to happen more when a plug-in window is open. I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before reporting to MOTU, so if anyone that has been experiencing this can give any particulars of when it seems to happen or what seems to trigger it, please post here and I'll include that info- or report to MOTU yourself if you want.
Thanks,
Phil

Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

I don't know if it was mentioned, but this happens to me in the Tracks Overview window as well as the sequence editor. In fact, the TO is where it irritates me the most, because it happens when I'm tracking (doing multiple takes or punching in), especially when I record myself. While doing that, speed is of the essence for me, and this little glitch really gets in the way.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.