Can't Hear Sound In The Waveform Editor...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rainmaker
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Can't Hear Sound In The Waveform Editor...

Post by rainmaker »

I accidentally booted up with one of my two 2408mk3 interfaces off today and it caused some havoc as my main in and outs got mixed up in System Preferences. So i got things set back to normal in Audio/MIDI setup and all other relevant places but one problem still remains that I can't figure out.

DP plays audio fine and I can hear it through my normal default outputs but whenever I go into the Waveform Editor and try to audition or play something in that window, DP tries using a different pair of outputs on my second 2408. These outputs aren't what I use as my outputs for my speakers so I don't hear any sound.

I can't figure out where the Waveform Editor would have any setting or preference to set the audio outs. Usually whatever DP is set to, the Waveform Editor usually followed in that past. Or at least I though so. Never had any problems with it in the past

Anyone know what's going on here?
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't Hear Sound In The Waveform Editor...

Post by stubbsonic »

I think you have to open the bundles window/outputs tab to set your default outs. I cant't remember, it might just be the top row.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can't Hear Sound In The Waveform Editor...

Post by Shooshie »

stubbsonic wrote:I think you have to open the bundles window/outputs tab to set your default outs. I cant't remember, it might just be the top row.
That's right. Just drag the desired outputs to the top.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|