Vienna Ensemble Pro MAS/Chunks?V Rack

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Zachak
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Vienna Ensemble Pro MAS/Chunks?V Rack

Post by Zachak »

I'm running into two issues using VE PRO MAS with DP8. 1) If I duplicate a sequence for a new chunk, MIDI will no longer be sent to the instrument. When I look at the outputs in track view, nothing is in italics, but it just doesn't work. 2) If I move the VE Pro instances to the V-Rack, they don't work.

My template is relying on using the abundance of ports MAS has to offer so I'd rather not change to VST. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing. If it's a bug, please let me know if you find out it's a DP8 issue, or VE PRO 5 issue. Thanks!
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Vienna Ensemble Pro MAS/Chunks?V Rack

Post by Killahurts »

Hi and welcome to the forum! I'm not running the newest version of VEP 5, so I can't help directly.. but, I have seen where Vienna recalled the MAS version not long ago:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=59401

I haven't read the thread, but maybe it can shed some light if you're working with the version in question.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Zachak
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Vienna Ensemble Pro MAS/Chunks?V Rack

Post by Zachak »

Thanks for the response! This link should help.

best,

- Zach