The Chunks Window, DP Live Performance

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The Chunks Window, DP Live Performance

Post by Killahurts »

I don't suppose there is any way to make it bigger, more readable? We had a 17" MBP, and neither myself, our percussionist who controls it, or anyone else in the group could know what song we were cued to, without using the Apple control/scroll/zoom.

My 11 year old daughter could read it with her young perfect eyes, if she put her face right up onto the screen.

I wish they had made that window sizable, instead of the counter window, which can be made huge (I'm sure that's useful for somebody).
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Robert Randolph

Re: The Chunks Window, DP Live Performance

Post by Robert Randolph »

Add it to the long list of 'tiny things in DP that are difficult to use because they are so tiny'.
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

Killahurts wrote:I wish they had made that window sizable, instead of the counter window, which can be made huge (I'm sure that's useful for somebody).
My live setups include many DP sequences.
A marker at each sequence-start with a specific name.
Calling next sequence will display next marker name on counter.
So a huge counter is helpful to read markers from far. In a glance I can get sure about which sequence is ready. That means which VIs are loaded, even if I'm on the other side of stage.

BTW, in case a sequence is heavy, it takes some time to load, but display will switch only when loading is complete. This tells me I can play instruments. Thanks DP!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

daniel.sneed wrote:
Killahurts wrote:I wish they had made that window sizable, instead of the counter window, which can be made huge (I'm sure that's useful for somebody).
My live setups include many DP sequences.
A marker at each sequence-start with a specific name.
Calling next sequence will display next marker name on counter.
So a huge counter is helpful to read markers from far. In a glance I can get sure about which sequence is ready. That means which VIs are loaded, even if I'm on the other side of stage.

BTW, in case a sequence is heavy, it takes some time to load, but display will switch only when loading is complete. This tells me I can play instruments. Thanks DP!
Wow that's really cool, I'll have to try it out.. thanks!! :mrgreen:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.