Somewhat long standing bug with V-Racks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Somewhat long standing bug with V-Racks

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This has plagued me for a while but I haven't reported it until now.

If I add a VI to a DP project and the v-rack window is active, DP will add the plugin window but not the GUI for the VI. If I add the VI and any other window is active, DP adds the VI as expected. The only exception is if I am in the tracks overview window. Then DP adds the VI but NOT to the v-rack. Otherwise it gets added to the v-rack.

Tech link to MOTU today as well.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Killahurts

Re: Somewhat long standing bug with V-Racka

Post by Killahurts »

Funny, I never thought that was a bug, just an inconvenient function of how V-Racks work.

As with so many things in DP, I thought it was designed to work that way, and I was the only one who didn't "get it."
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I think you've identified two things there, one may be a bug; the other one isn't. If you're in the Tracks Overview Window and add a VI, it adds as an instrument track. That's because sometimes you don't want to put a VI in the V-Rack.

As for the missing GUI thing; I think that's a bug. I've never stopped to figure that one out; I'm glad you did.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

I realize one is a bug and the other ain't :) I mention both to delineate the difference a bit. Thanks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I realize one is a bug and the other ain't :) I mention both to delineate the difference a bit. Thanks.
Aha! The ol' Delineate the Difference trick! :mrgreen:
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Somewhat long standing bug with V-Racks

Missed it by THAT much!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS