Markers and inserting measures...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Markers and inserting measures...

Post by Michael Canavan »

Agreed, the TO is completely underrated. I commit to audio mostly right near the end so MIDI and the TO are where I work mostly.

The big difference between DP and other DAWs these days is IMO how you end up working with automation. In DP if you use V-Racks then track automation isn't going to be as useful as MIDI automation. With a lot of modern electronic music songwriters they end up using track automaton extensively to add liveliness to plug in synths and FX, and most DAWs don't break their more "object" or phrase based editor into a separate window from their track/sequence editor. Because of that, they tend to gravitate towards using track automation in place of MIDI.

I don't work like that much, and if I do I use Live. Mostly I write a main part and a first break, then start adding to it from there, the details are important at the end, so using track automation, (the main advantage plug in wise to the SE IMO ), is not as crucial to me until I toss all parts into a single Sequence Chunk.

I'm actually pretty stoked that DP9 is including some what look like major improvements to the way you assign controllers to plug ins in DP. Very very curious as to how far that goes? I'm getting the impression that DP9 is actually going to be a bigger change than we think, since most things were simply introduced but no explanation as to how the user interacts with them was given. The Spectral display for instance, are there ways to edit the data based on the new information it gives?
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Markers and inserting measures...

Post by Shooshie »

Michael Canavan wrote:I'm actually pretty stoked that DP9 is including some what look like major improvements to the way you assign controllers to plug ins in DP. Very very curious as to how far that goes?
You and me, both, bro.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|