Export MIDI File- tempo map weirdness

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
NYFC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Export MIDI File- tempo map weirdness

Post by NYFC »

Over the past couple of weeks I've needed to transfer projects from DP to Pro Tools with some complex tempo maps. I usually start sequences with a negative bar number for a count off and space for initial CC values and keyswitches and so forth. To export to Pro Tools I select all including the conductor track and export MIDI file, then import the file into PT with the option to use the tempo map from the MIDI file. Every single time the first tempo event becomes 3.5763 BPM! All subsequent tempos are correct. It's an easy fix, I just manually change the first event, but what the heck?! This happened in all nine projects that I transferred. Just to check an see if it was a PT problem I imported the same files into Cubase with the same result.

I am loving DP, but still getting used to it and would be happy to find that this is user error. It was quite a shock the first time I pressed play in PT and waited about 18 seconds to hear the next beat!
If anyone has any ideas...
iMac 5k 4.0ghz 32gigs
3 Mac mini slaves
VSL,EastWest Hollywood, LASS, etc.