Direct Hardware Play Through - Greyed Out

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Scatz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Direct Hardware Play Through - Greyed Out

Post by Scatz »

Anyone know why the 'Direct Hardware Play through' option would be Greyed out?
I'm using a Motu 828 and 2 - Motu 8 Pre's set up as an Aggregate Device on a MacBook Pro OS X Yosemite.
Thanks
DP11, MacBook Pro 12.0, 16 Gig Ram, Motu 828MKll FW, 8Pre USB, 2 x 8Pre FW, Motu Micro Lite,
Lexicon, Yamaha, Mackie, dbx, Roland TD20 etc, etc.......
http://www.groovewerx.com www.oneuglycowboy.com
OftheSeven

Re: Direct Hardware Play Through - Greyed Out

Post by OftheSeven »

You find the answer? Mine is also greyed out and I probably only noticed because I'm recording live tracks and everything is going through the effects. I can't sustain 128 buffer with big projects.

Can't tell if it's a DP setting or Apogee Maestro. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.5.
DP 8.07, LogicX, Apogee Symphony USB I/O
UAD-Quad, Unity Rocks
Playa

Post by Playa »

Hi,

This is straight from the DP manual:

Direct hardware playthrough provides accurate monitoring with no delays, but if you have real time effects (EQ, reverb, etc.) assigned to the track being recorded into, you will not hear them during monitoring. Effects will, however, be applied to the recorded material during subsequent playback.
When this option is chosen, the input signal currently being monitored can always be heard, i.e. it will be patched through when Digital Performer is stopped, playing or recording.
When operating Digital Performer with a MOTU audio hardware system, this option is required to enable the Cue MixTM monitoring feature.
OftheSeven

Post by OftheSeven »

The issue isn't that we didn't select it but that the option is not even available (greyed out).
DP 8.07, LogicX, Apogee Symphony USB I/O
UAD-Quad, Unity Rocks
Playa

Post by Playa »

Hi,

From talking with MOTU Tech Support in the past the direct hardware playthrough option is only available for MOTU units that run CueMixFX. If you are not running a MOTU interface then the option should be grayed out.