Please confirm Waves paste automation broken DP 8.07

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Please confirm Waves paste automation broken DP 8.07

Post by toodamnhip »

I spent the evening doing various clean install of DP and waves,
The last install was ONLY DP plug ins and Waves plug ins. No other 3rd party plug ins.

Please confrim the following Bug. I am not sure if it is a bug in DP or Waves but this is the bug:
If you PASTE plug in data ONTO the plug in wondow, DP will NOT record the automation, even though the plug in CHANGES.

Basically-
1) Put DP in read automation mode.
2) snap shot a waves plug in after manually setting it without pasting.. This will almost always work. The plug in should now be locked to whatever the snap shot setting was made.
3) Alter the setting of the plug in WITHOUT recording your manuevers, you just want to alter the plug and then COPY the new setting it into the clipboard.
4) Move to a new time location and snap shot using "from counter to chunk end" You should SEE the waves plug in change to your pasted settings.
5) You should also see that in DP it DID not record the pasted settings and it should fail to propelry automate the new pasting on playback. That is the bug.
6) Now, instead of pasting, manually make a change to the plug in before snap shottiing. Again, make a snap shot, “from counter to chunk end"
7) The plug in setting should record now and work, showing that PASTING plus in settings does NOT work.

Please verify...
Background--
The way I normally mix is to grab a plug in and play with it's parameters until I like them. Then I copy the plug in using command C, which puts the plug in's contents into the clip board.

I then go back and snap shot the automation to a starting location, sometimes pasting it ON THE FLY, using command V.
In DP, you will see the plug in change anytime there is a paste. But it does not write. Also, anytime you paste and snap shot using “all time”, it will work. But any other pasting, from a location or on the fly, will not work.

Some other plug ins, such as Stevn Slate and various others, DO work and do correctly paste data and DP does indeed correctly write this data.
But Waves does not. Also, NOMAD Factory fails to work properly when pasting..
But other companies plugs DO work..
Please confrim this bug.

David
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
FMiguelez

Re: Please confirm Waves paste automation broken DP 8.07

Post by FMiguelez »

If you mean a real copy/paste of the Waves plug-ins, I thought they stopped supporting copy/paste from within their plug-in GUIs loooong ago. Did they reintroduce this feature? It has NEVER worked for me at all.

How are you copying/pasting the plugs?

Also, doesn't it annoy you that DP uses non-sensical and arbitrary numbers to represent the actual values of the Waves plug-ins? This makes it impossible to adjust patameters numerically. I've never understood this, as it makes no sense at all!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
toodamnhip

Re: Please confirm Waves paste automation broken DP 8.07

Post by toodamnhip »

Just bumping this up. Anyone else having issues pasting waves plug ins for automation?
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc