Pointer no longer works on soundbites

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Pointer no longer works on soundbites

Post by emjayinla »

All of a sudden when I'm in the sequence editor I can no longer select a soundbite in a track, move the soundbite or grab the fade handles nor does it show the length adjustment icon. I have the arrow selected in the tool window but it acts like the i-beam.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks

OK - in order to get it work I now have to hold down the ctrl+option key ... I don't see a setting in the preferences to change this?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pointer no longer works on soundbites

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Are the tracks locked?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
emjayinla

Post by emjayinla »

MidiLC,

No the tracks aren't locked.

Holding down ctrl+opt gives me the lasso icon and arrow functionality. Strange.
emjayinla

Post by emjayinla »

Ok - resolved

Somehow I must have changed the cursor selection mode from All Selections to Time Range Selections only.

I'm going to have to assume pilot error, once again.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

emjayinla wrote:Ok - resolved

Somehow I must have changed the cursor selection mode from All Selections to Time Range Selections only.

I'm going to have to assume pilot error, once again.
Error, maybe, but what a trial for learning Time Range vs. Event Selections! If you learn to do that at will, you'll be happier. (better than Prozac!)

Also, in the Tracks Overview Window, you can do either selection without a key command. At the top of each cell, the cursor changes to a cross-hair for selecting ranges. Elsewhere, it's a pointer for selecting events. Depending on how you click an event there, you can get a cell selection or a region selection, or of course a range selection.

It's all in the wrist! :lol:

Selection is the key to working in DP, so learning all the tricks for selecting and for manipulating selections to get what you want will save you time and frustration.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|