Quickscribe error

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tcovem
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Quickscribe error

Post by tcovem »

Hi folks,
I'm running DP 7.24 on OS 10.7.5. On certain projects (not if I create a blank new project with no template) trying to view a track or tracks in QuickScribe throws an "Unexpected error (-8796)". I can sometimes get into the Quickscribe window past the error but it is blank and gray. I've tried repairing permissions and trashing preferences, as well as playing with quickscribe preferences since those are file-based so seemed to me the most likely culprit for some files working and others not. No luck though. Any suggestions (short of upgrading to DP 8 ;-) welcome!
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Quickscribe error

Post by mikehalloran »

Weird. Normally, "Unexpected error (-8796)" is a Permissions issue.

DP 7.24 often loses links on my system, often after something else has changed. The easiest way I know to restore these is to run the Uninstaller from a 7.24 CD (it's a drop-down in the Install menu) then reinstall. Reboot and run Repair Permissions from Apple's Disk Utility. If you don't have a 7.24 CD, run Uninstall from the 7.24 Updater, then from your CD -- now reinstall in reverse order, reboot and repair permissions.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro