Can't see or edit waveform in sequence editor

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cementhead18
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't see or edit waveform in sequence editor

Post by cementhead18 »

DP 7.24 on Late 2011 MacBook Pro. I can't see or edit waveform in sequence editor. The sound file is there, I can play it, hear it and even bounce to disk. But I can not do any line edits or fades or anything related to the waveform in the sequence editor, it's simply not visible. It may just be that something is switched off. But I can't figure it out. Please help. :banghead:
stubbsonic

Re: Can't see or edit waveform in sequence editor

Post by stubbsonic »

Go to your hardware setup and make sure you have an audio output enabled that works.

Then, you might want to open AudioMIDI Setup (in Utilities folder) and check things there.

Open the soundbites window and see if the soundbites have little yellow "under construction" icons. This is usually because the sample rate has changed (and changing the soundbites has been deactivated in preferences) or maybe soundbites can't be found. You can see if the audio playback sample rate could be switched back and that re-enables everything.

Worst case, you might have some kind of corrupt preference that needs to be taken out. But just know that if you end up trashing preferences you might have to re-set some preferences in DP.

There's more but see if any of those helps you.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Hit cmd-f and deselect all. Done.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cementhead18

Post by cementhead18 »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :woohoo:
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Can't see or edit waveform in sequence editor {Solved]

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This should be made a stick, IMO. It happens more often that ANY user "error." It's just poor programming, IMO. CMD-f in every other program is search. IN DP it's View Filter. They couldn't use cmd-v because it's paste in most programs. But choosing F and then adding to the confusion by making what it usually the "dismiss" window "Select All" (which does dismiss the window) is nothing short of a cruel joke. That is until you have a client who drove 90 miles to record with you and you can't find your data and he has to drive home and come back the next week and it's Sunday and tech support is closed and... well, you get the picture. That is exactly what happened to me the first time that happened.

Clearly, MOTU needs to change that key sequence. then again, it's crap like that that keeps this board humming along... LOL.

Time for my raise, Doris. (The secretary is named Doris, isn't she?) :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS