the size of the DP8 project

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
miditator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

the size of the DP8 project

Post by miditator »

Recently, I noticed that the my project weighs 530mb! :shock:

Trying to understand that it takes up so much space, i delete ALL from it. But nothing has changed - 510 mb size.
I want to use it as template in the future but this size is to be problematic.
I did it for a long time. ((

Help my understand why is it so much weight ?
Shooshie

Re: the size of the DP8 project

Post by Shooshie »

Do you have other chunks? Soundbites? Project Clippings? Analysis files?

What about your UNDO History? If you clear that (be sure you really know you're not going to need it), it will probably shrink your file size.

All that not working, you might try putting it in a cold shower.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

You can try flushing the undo history.

I forget where the command is - File menu?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

If you have autosave turned on, check the file size of the autosave. I had a situation where the autosave was 1/10th of the size of the 'real' file. I kept re-saving my main work file and re-naming it and it slowly got bigger over a period of years. When I turned on autosave the files were minuscule in comparison so I used one of the autosaves as a new starting point.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce