iLok nonsense

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
31flies
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

iLok nonsense

Post by 31flies »

Hey all and thanks for the help,

Checked the threads and didn't quite see the same problem...

I've had MachFive2, MX4 and Ethno 2 on the same dongle for YEARS. Opened DP7 today and NONE of them are recognized/authorized. Called MOTU-- they said it was an iLok issue, to download the license manager, etc...I did that to no avail. Contacted iLoc and they said it was a MOTU issue. So now I have no VI's on a Friday night before a long weekend. Yesterday I had ALL of them.

Any ideas? I "synchronized" from the iLok License Manager but that hardly helps since iLok is only showing MX4 and even then upon DP startup it won't load.

OS 10.6.8, DP 7.24 (with all updates installed.)
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iLok nonsense

Post by billf »

Did you change anything between the time they worked until the moment they didn't?
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

When you look in the License Manager, are all your licenses showing?
What do you see when you log into iLok.com?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

What is the error exactly? You're saying the solutions don't work without saying what the problem is.

If PACE is right, DP has lost the path to the plugins. This has happened to me five or six times and the following always works:

Uninstall and reinstall DP 7. You can't hurt anything by doing this.

Hopefully, you have a 7.24 CD. Run the installer. When you get to Easy Install, you will find Uninstall in the drop down menu. Run it. Now run the Installer. Repair Permissions and reboot.

If you don't have the 7.24 CD, do the same but run Uninstall from the 7.24 updater, then run it from your CD. Now install from the CD and then the 7.24 updater.

If PACE is right, you need the latest version of the iLok license manager. I have had the updater not work only to reboot and see it update properly. Weird. It's not as intuitive as it should be but you need to see your licenses in the license manager. Click on a few items and see if they show up.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

I've had this happen to me a few random times. Usually, I just turn off my computer, check my dongle and make sure it is plugged in (sometimes I'll unplug it and plug it back in), and re-start my computer. Every time I've done this, it has worked. But, it has scared me a few times and definitely doesn't leave me with a comfortable feeling.

I'm sure you've tried this. Good luck and hope you get it working again.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Try updating the license manager and reauthorizing via the website. Clearly it sounds like an iLok issue. Does the license mgr. see the ilok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS