DP Memory leak or memory stuck

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP Memory leak or memory stuck

Post by Shooshie »

toodamnhip wrote:Well, even Mountain Lion would be an upgrade for me. SO I take it you’re recommending Mountain Lion if I can find it?
If you're comfortably running 64 bits, then Mountain Lion would probably be a trouble-free upgrade. There are always surprises, so I won't guarantee that you can do it without looking for the irregular upgrade here or there, but I don't remember doing anything more than pushing the button to upgrade, and there it was. Mavericks and Yosemite, on the other hand, required some work.

Yosemite is not a bad place to end up. If you want to make the full leap, since you're leaping at all, then you can surely handle Yosemite. But if you don't want to go that far, ML is the best I know of.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I agree with MM. If you want to leave 10.6.8 behind, I'd go to 10.8.5. 10.9.x and 10.10.x have a few annoying things that may or may not get cleared up. 10.10 appears to handle audio,and maybe MIDI better than 10.7 to 10.9, but I find I have to restart at least once a day or I start getting endless dock bouncing, keyboard freezes, etc., and networking on 10.10, especially screen sharing, is a mess.

I'm still not seeing anything in any of these updates that improve things with DP. In fact, I had to recently do some work on an old Mini using 10.6.8 and I was surprised how well it works. I'd forgotten. If it wasn't for all the authorizations, I'd probably go back to it.

(IIRC=If I Recall Correctly)
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

The Hipster wrote:
monkey butt wrote:Probably wouldn't be a bad thing, Hipster.

10.8.5 was the one to go for
Is 10.8.5 Mountain Lion?
Correct weight. Glad Baysey agrees on the exact version number; from what I've read it took 'til then for Apple to iron out the hiccups.
The Hipster wrote:What is IIRC?
I thought it was "if I remember correctly", but Baysey's probably right.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

monkey man wrote:I thought it was "if I remember correctly", but Baysey's probably right.
I was using the Canadian pronunciation.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Ha ha!

... and I hope you noticed that when I call you Stoivo or Stoiv, I'm using the Aussie pronunciation, maaate.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here