Channel Strip Volume and Kontakt

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Channel Strip Volume and Kontakt

Post by emjayinla »

Greetings,

I have a number of tracks with Kontakt, some with multiple instruments on different MIDI channels. In DP the channel strip volume is moving the correct volume control in Kontakt. The problem is, if I throw the DP fader all the way to 127 in Kontakt it only goes to -6db instead of +12, that is, it won't go the full range.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Channel Strip Volume and Kontakt

Post by monkey man »

I've no VI experience in DP, having only tinkered with MachFive in stand-alone mode, but couldn't you try adding +18dB via the Trim plug inserted below the VI, emjayinla? This should bring you back to parity.

Sounds like bad gain structure to an old-school fogy such as I, but as we all know, DP is resoundingly unforgiving in this regard, meaning that there should be zero effect on sound quality.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
frankf

Post by frankf »

In the Kontakt instrument , go to Instrument Options and set the volume setting to what you want. You need to save the instrument for that setting to be made permanent.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by emjayinla »

frankf wrote:In the Kontakt instrument , go to Instrument Options and set the volume setting to what you want. You need to save the instrument for that setting to be made permanent.
Thanks Frankf - this is exactly what I was looking for.
frankf

Post by frankf »

Glad to help
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB