Digital Performer 8 - Digital Performer Quit Unexpectedly

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Digital Performer 8 - Digital Performer Quit Unexpectedl

Post by Shooshie »

One more thing; when you read about all the issues with DP from the countless people who write about their crashes on the internet, remember that nobody writes in to tell how perfectly it's been running. If you search for DP crashes, that's what you'll get. Not "DP never crashes." Such posts are cumulative and world-wide. Once posted, they never go away. I've even posted a few. But once you have a stable system and DP installation, it is probably the most reliable DAW out there. That's why many of the biggest shows on earth use it to run their concerts.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

arthurputy wrote:Ok. I have one last update. I changed the Startup Option from "Welcome to Digital Performer" to "None" and now it launches without issue. I had a feeling it was related to that hub/welcome page loader as it always felt like it would try to bring it up and then crash. Maybe related to the Demo mode. Not sure. Anyhow, I hope this experience proves helpful to someone and thanks to everyone who took the time to respond and share a thought/suggestion.
That's interesting. I think MOTU pushes news items over the internet to that screen if your computer is online. Maybe there's something wonky going on with it?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
arthurputy

Post by arthurputy »

Hey thanks for all of the responses and support everyone. Shoosie that was a great writeup and I really appreciate your taking the time. Everything you've said about a clean system to run it on is valid and admittedly I am running on my general purpose laptop which has a lot of unrelated stuff on it.

As it stands now everything is rock solid and I am loving DP8 as I dig deeper into it. Some really amazing things that I am thinking how did I ever go without this?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

arthurputy wrote:As it stands now everything is rock solid and I am loving DP8 as I dig deeper into it. Some really amazing things that I am thinking how did I ever go without this?
DP is a pretty great DAW. I'm so glad you are having no problems now. The deeper you get into DP you'll understand why it has such a hardcore following and wondering why it seems not to get the sort of attention it really deserves.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!