MIDI, Audio and Markers Data Disappeared

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
hmourra
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI, Audio and Markers Data Disappeared

Post by hmourra »

Good day,

I come to you with an extremely weird problem. I was working on a scoring project when, right after DP crashed for whatever reason, all the MIDI and audio and markers data in the tracking window disappeared. I still see all the tracks, and if I press play I can hear the actual music I wrote.

I opened a lot of my other past projects and it's the same situation in all of them. I don't know if there is a preference setting that got misconfigured when it crashed, but as of now, I am completely paralyzed when it comes to work. I can't input or edit MIDI data, or create markers out of the markers window because it won't let me select it, but I can create markers through the ^M command, which turn out to be invisible anyway either in the markers or the tracking windows.
I also opened one of my audio projects, and if I go to the waveform tab I can see them there, but not anywhere else.

I tried deleting and then installing DP8 once again but nothing changed.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

I'd really, really, REALLY appreciate it.

Thank you.
Kurt Cowling

Re: MIDI, Audio and Markers Data Disappeared

Post by Kurt Cowling »

You accidentally opened the View Filter at some point. (Short cut is command F) Then, when the unexpected dialogue box came up you clicked "clear", which means no data gets shown. It happens to almost everyone once. Reopen the view filter and re-enable all data types.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Kurt Cowling wrote:You accidentally opened the View Filter at some point. (Short cut is command F) Then, when the unexpected dialogue box came up you clicked "clear", which means no data gets shown. It happens to almost everyone once. Reopen the view filter and re-enable all data types.
+1
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
hmourra

Post by hmourra »

Kurt Cowling wrote:You accidentally opened the View Filter at some point. (Short cut is command F) Then, when the unexpected dialogue box came up you clicked "clear", which means no data gets shown. It happens to almost everyone once. Reopen the view filter and re-enable all data types.
Solved.

Thank you very much, my blood pressure can finally go back to normal levels.