Can't get out of full screen mode

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Andrew Donovan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't get out of full screen mode

Post by Andrew Donovan »

After entering full screen mode, I cannot get out of full screen mode without quitting. The esc key does nothing and when I make the menu visible, the three dots do not appear (as they do in other programs) so I can't click on the green full screen button to come out of full screen. Does this work normally for other people, and which method does it use, the green full screen button or the esc key?

DP 8.07 64-bit, iMac Mid-2011 27", Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Can't get out of full screen mode

Post by James Steele »

When you push your mouse cursor up to the top of the screen and the menu appears, is there not an icon to the very right that looks like a box with two arrows inside it that you click to get out of full screen mode?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I think opt-w. Cmd-w can also do it but there's a preference for it as well.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Andrew Donovan

Post by Andrew Donovan »

James Steele wrote:When you push your mouse cursor up to the top of the screen and the menu appears, is there not an icon to the very right that looks like a box with two arrows inside it that you click to get out of full screen mode?
There is no little box with the two arrows. Microsoft Word 2011 shows those arrows as you describe, so I know what you mean.

It seems the new Yosemite behavior is to have the traffic light buttons reappear when you move your mouse to the top of the screen and you can just hit the green one again to exit full screen. That's how all my Apple apps work plus Firefox, Finale 2014, Skype, VLC.

There is also a keyboard shortcut: Command-Control-F that toggles full screen mode. But this does not work in DP.

Command-W closes my project.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

This was reported to Motu as soon as Yosemite came out - it will be fixed in a future update - see previous posts.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Andrew Donovan

Post by Andrew Donovan »

Guitar Gaz wrote:This was reported to Motu as soon as Yosemite came out - it will be fixed in a future update - see previous posts.
Great, thanks for that info.
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

Was this ever fixed?

I'm using 8.07 and I seem to be locked into 'full screen' whether I wanna be or not.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Robert Client

Post by Robert Client »

I'm having this issue...ALOST 3 YEARS AFTER THE ORIGINAL POST.
Any way around it?
PLEEEEEEASE !!!!!!
I have DP9, but my main collaborator
in Costa Rica
doesn't.
-thanks in advance for any help...
-RC
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

What version of DP 9 are you using. Except for one weird bug in a version that was later fixed, DP8 should be able to open DP9 projects I believe.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!