getting DP to work with an allen & heath GSr24

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
taylor12k
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

getting DP to work with an allen & heath GSr24

Post by taylor12k »

i just got an allen & heath GS r24 mixer. really great console. loving it... but today i hooked up the MIDI to try to get it working with DP via HUI mode and have had no luck.

does anyone here happen to have a GSr24 and using it with DP?

maybe a long shot.....

thanks
RROY
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: getting DP to work with an allen & heath GSr24

Post by RROY »

I have an A&H Zed R 16 and I've got it working with DP 8.07. Check A&H site for latest firmware, software and drivers. I believe they have downloadable instructions. You should find what you need there.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
taylor12k

Post by taylor12k »

thanks...

yeah, i installed the latest firmware into the board which seemed to work fine.. but other than that no other software pertaining to DP or HUI. of course, DP being the black sheep among DAWs... they have downloads for PT, logic, cubase.. even reaper gets more love...

do you use the r16 in HUI mode?
RROY wrote:I have an A&H Zed R 16 and I've got it working with DP 8.07. Check A&H site for latest firmware, software and drivers. I believe they have downloadable instructions. You should find what you need there.
taylor12k

Post by taylor12k »

i just looked at the r16 page on A&H's site and, yeah, they have DAW control drivers and such.. there is nothing like that for the r24...

i wonder if i should install the r16 ones.. since they are somewhat based on the same technology...
RROY wrote:I have an A&H Zed R 16 and I've got it working with DP 8.07. Check A&H site for latest firmware, software and drivers. I believe they have downloadable instructions. You should find what you need there.
RROY
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by RROY »

It's been awhile since I set it up my ZED R 16. Not sure if it is using HUI, but I do have transport controls set up in the Commands menu under Transport, where I was able to choose Allen and Heath Firewire as the source, and press the button you want to control the command of that MIDI event. I am not sure if the GSR 24 can do this.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
taylor12k

Post by taylor12k »

hmm.. ok, thanks..

i'm not seeing any option for choosing a source in the commands/transport section..

but i'm also not using firewire MIDI, but MIDI cables from the A&H

the GSr24 has dedicated transport controls (as well as various MIDI buttons and sliders and a jog wheel) but i can't get any of it to talk to DP...
RROY wrote:It's been awhile since I set it up my ZED R 16. Not sure if it is using HUI, but I do have transport controls set up in the Commands menu under Transport, where I was able to choose Allen and Heath Firewire as the source, and press the button you want to control the command of that MIDI event. I am not sure if the GSR 24 can do this.