Mouse lock up in Maschine 2.2 + DP 8.07

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
yavn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mouse lock up in Maschine 2.2 + DP 8.07

Post by yavn »

In order to use Maschine 2.2 , I finally upgraded my mid 2011 mini to OSX 10.9.5 from 10.7.

When using Maschine as a plugin, any editing of notes in the plugin causes the mouse to freeze in its place - the pointer stays on the screen. DP still operates via the keyboard. Plugging in an external mouse has no effect. When I Force Quit DP the mouse works again just fine.

This issue does not occuer when using Maschine in stand alone mode.

Given the newness of version 2.2, I'm asuming this is a maschine issue, but since I just updated to OSX 10.9.5 I was unsure if it was related to that. I need to downgrade to Maschine 2.0 and see of the issue still persists.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Yavn
NeilBlack

Re: Mouse lock up in Maschine 2.2 + DP 8.07

Post by NeilBlack »

I had exactly the same problem. Maschine 2.2 disabled my mouse. I had to revert to 2.1 and after some hastle everything is working again. NI tech have been no help so far. I sent a ticket which took days before I received a reply. They asked me to send a diagnostics file. That was another few days ago and I've heard nothing since. I"m pretty sure it's a Maschine issue. I've no other problems under OS X 10.10
DP10.1 MacPro 5.1 Hex OSX 10.14.6 24GB Ram. UA Apollo. ProAc Studio 100's. Neumann KH120's Neumann 84's / AKG / Crowley & Tripp / NTK Jolly mod. Focusrite, TLA, GAP mic pre's. Maschine 2
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I just started encountering this problem today - it was fine up until I installed 10.9.5 (from 10.9.4).

Argh.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I raised a technote with MOTU - can't find evidence that other DAWs are showing the same problem.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
NeilBlack

Post by NeilBlack »

Seems like NI are onto it. I had this message over the holidays;

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our Development Department is now aware of
this problem and is working to find a solution as quickly as possible, which will
be available in a future update. Until then, we kindly ask you for your
understanding and thank you for your patience.
DP10.1 MacPro 5.1 Hex OSX 10.14.6 24GB Ram. UA Apollo. ProAc Studio 100's. Neumann KH120's Neumann 84's / AKG / Crowley & Tripp / NTK Jolly mod. Focusrite, TLA, GAP mic pre's. Maschine 2
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Heard anything?

I am going to prod MOTU again.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
synthtek2k

Post by synthtek2k »

I'm having the same issue.. Maschine 2.2.3 DP 8.1 OS10.8.6

Anybody have a solution? How difficult was it to revert back to 2.1?

Thanks in advance

John
MAC Pro Intel 2.26 8 Core 16gb ram, Lynx AES16e and Aurora 8, DP 8.xx, NI Komplete 10 Unlimited, NI Maschine 2, Waves Gold 8, Arturia Ten Year Anniversary Collection V,Arturia Spark LE, Arturia Keylab 49, UAD-2e, NOMAD Producer Pack, IK Amplitude, Fender, Metal, Tracks 3, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Stylus RMX, MOTU MSI etc... Euphonics MC Control and Mix..
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I raised a technote with MOTU, and I followed up and asked again, but I have heard nothing back from them - not even an acknowledgment.

Dunno what to offer to you, dunno how to fix the problem.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
synthtek2k

Post by synthtek2k »

I'm getting the same response on the NI boards...

Js
MAC Pro Intel 2.26 8 Core 16gb ram, Lynx AES16e and Aurora 8, DP 8.xx, NI Komplete 10 Unlimited, NI Maschine 2, Waves Gold 8, Arturia Ten Year Anniversary Collection V,Arturia Spark LE, Arturia Keylab 49, UAD-2e, NOMAD Producer Pack, IK Amplitude, Fender, Metal, Tracks 3, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Stylus RMX, MOTU MSI etc... Euphonics MC Control and Mix..
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

When I get a minute, I will raise a support request with NI.

Suggest you do the same with a technote to MOTU.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I just saw, through NI's Service Centre, that there is an update to Maschine - version 2.2.3 is now available. (As of Jan 15.)

I am going to try that, see if that helps.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
synthtek2k

Post by synthtek2k »

It doesn't... The version I'm on, reverted to 2.2.1 and it's the same

J
yavn

Post by yavn »

Still having the same issue despite the updates.

Has anyone found any good workarounds? I've found not clicking on the grid helps.

Yavn
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Even after the 2.2.3 update to Maschine, I am still having the same problem.

Kinda getting annoyed that MOTU haven't yet seen fit to even acknowledge my Technote. I suggest everyone else having the same problem also raise a Technote with MOTU, maybe we can collectively get some attention.

I have also raised a support request with NI, also suggest others do the same.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

NI have responded to my support request.
And after some more prodding, I got a response from MOTU.

I suggest that others also raise this issue formally with NI and MOTU.

My references are:
MOTU Technote - MTL95598
NI Support - Ticket#2015020310002399
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku