Mouse lock up in Maschine 2.2 + DP 8.07

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mouse lock up in Maschine 2.2 + DP 8.07

Post by BKK-OZ »

MOTU have confirmed that they can replicate the bug, off to the developers for a fix.

Not a solution, but at least they responded at last.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
synthtek2k

Post by synthtek2k »

Been trying to work with NI... they are leading to a DP issue...

The plugin works fine in Logic 9xx

Played with the DP Plugin preferences... Maschine 2 appears as a VST and AU. I disabled all plugins and just enabled the Maschine 2 AU..

It DOES NOT appear in the instrument selection..

Went back disabled the AU and enabled the VST... DP sees the instrument but I get the mouse lock up..

Went back and checked Kontact 5 AU just to see... All fine..

Not sure who's issue this is but think I'm getting closer ... why the publishers can't :?
MAC Pro Intel 2.26 8 Core 16gb ram, Lynx AES16e and Aurora 8, DP 8.xx, NI Komplete 10 Unlimited, NI Maschine 2, Waves Gold 8, Arturia Ten Year Anniversary Collection V,Arturia Spark LE, Arturia Keylab 49, UAD-2e, NOMAD Producer Pack, IK Amplitude, Fender, Metal, Tracks 3, Spectrasonics Omnisphere and Stylus RMX, MOTU MSI etc... Euphonics MC Control and Mix..
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Not sure why NI are still '...leading to a DP issue...'

MOTU have acknowledged it as a bug. Their response to my Technote was that the bug has been passed to the DP developers. I have inforned NI about what MOTU said, and gave NI the contacts at MOTU. I also gave MOTU the contacts at NI.

Why aren't they communicating?

argh.
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

BKK-OZ wrote:Not sure why NI are still '...leading to a DP issue...'

MOTU have acknowledged it as a bug. Their response to my Technote was that the bug has been passed to the DP developers. I have inforned NI about what MOTU said, and gave NI the contacts at MOTU. I also gave MOTU the contacts at NI.

Why aren't they communicating?

argh.
:?: :?: :?: :?:
Maybe NI keeps getting a busy signal.

And maybe MOTU has a line waiting for the phone.

Just joking, of course. If you lived in the US and tried calling MOTU during the 1990s, you learned to use a speed dialer to do it, and to set aside an hour or two to get through. You'd dial over and over and over, maybe a hundred times. Each time you'd get a busy signal, until that one time that someone happened to hang up their receiver at MOTU, and for an instant the phone was free, and if you were the lucky dialer who got through, you finally got to talk to Tech Support.

This led to amusing speculations, like maybe MOTU only had the one phone, centrally located in the office, hanging on the wall. In reality, this was MOTU's way of filtering out all but the important calls, and also of sparing their users long hold times while the long-distance toll clock was ticking. That was before cell phones and cheap calls to anywhere on the continent, or even the world. Now, of course, MOTU have a large phone staff with lots of phones so there is rarely a wait.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Well, I reckon 10 minutes on the phone or 1-2 emails between the right people at MOTU and NI would sort this out, and something that causes crashes would be gone in the next update.

I recently had a VERY bad experience with my other major platform - Cinema 4d from Maxon. I could not get their networked rendering to work for the past 9 months or so.

The only solution their tech people offered was trashing preferences - and even when I told them I had done that and it didn't work, they kept telling me to repeat this futile step. It was only after my open questioning of their competence on a couple of major forums that a US representative of the company (they are German) got interested. He pm'ed me with some suggestions. And the first thing (which was not trashing prefs!) worked, and I am now up and running again.

Months of angst and wasted time would have be avoided had anyone at Maxon just tried a little, instead of the lazy, unprofessional response that I did recieve.

I am hoping that it won't take MOTU/NI months and ultimately public embarrassment to fix this problem. Already we are a couple of months in on this, which is pretty frustrating and annoying, when it is clear that just a little effort will resolve the problem.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Yeah, there's nothing like the feeling that you are merely collateral damage in someone else's war.

For goodness sake, MOTU; pick up the phone and call NI about the problem!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I chased up MOTU again and got this reply:

'I've bumped the report and got a response from our dev team that this is currently being looked at.'
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I chased this up again with NI, pointing out the need for MOTU and NI to communicate and recieved the reply below. If anyone else is frustrated by this bug and you haven't already contacted NI, I suggest that you do so and quote the NI reference below.
Hello BK,
all needed communication is ongoing between our development and the development
of MOTU.

This is the Bug Number in our System:
MAS2-9004

Unfortunately I have no chance to further influence the process.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

This just recieved from MOTU:
Just wanted to let you know - our dev team reports that this should be resolved in Maschine 2.3.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

FFS!

Maschine 2.2.4 update has recently been released, but...

NI still have not fixed the scrolling bug for Maschine in Digital Performer.

Makes me pretty unlikely to give NI any more of my money - it took months for them to pay attention to this bug, it was reported to me that they had a fix, now they release an update but do not include the fix.

PISSED OFF.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

And here we are, another month rolls by, and NI have still not released the fix for this problem.

Doubtful Native Instruments is going to get any more of my $$$ down the track after this woeful performance.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Latest release (2.3) of Maschine from NI has fixed the bug.
Finally.
Cheers,
BK

- M Kaku