Pluggo Plug-Ins Missing DP8.07 Update

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jeffreypeterwest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Pluggo Plug-Ins Missing DP8.07 Update

Post by jeffreypeterwest »

MY Pluggo plug-ins have gone missing in the DP8.06 to DP8.07 update. Going back revives them. I uninstalled and went track to DP8.06 to check and confirmed. Any reason why? I've gone to Preferences>Audio Plug-Ins and have had a crack at enabling the VST Versions and hoping the settings still get picked up correctly. Nope - got a Fatal Error - Notify Software Publisher message and DP has hung.

It's annoying that updates aren't clear what will break - I'm still mad about Unisyn vanishing after an OS-X update. I know that is an Apple product, but I think MOTU would have known and could have had more itegrity and clarity for paying customers.
bayswater

Re: Pluggo Plug-Ins Missing DP8.07 Update

Post by bayswater »

Pluggo? Unisys? A walk down memory lane. I'm surprised to hear Pluggo was still working in DP 8 at all. I don't think it is reasonable to expect MOTU to report which of the zillions of plugins might stop working with every update, particularly plugins that are no longer available (say for 5 and a half years?).
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Re: Pluggo Plug-Ins Missing DP8.07 Update

Post by mikehalloran »

Well, we don't know your OS and that can make a big difference. Offhand, there's no reason why they would work in DP 8.06 and not in 8.07 if everything else is the same. If, however, you went from an older OS to 10.8.2 or later in that time, you can be affected by the Cocoa vs Carbon issue but they shouldn't work in DP 8.06 either so it's a mystery..

With certain Mac OS, 10.9.1 comes to mind, I had to reinstall DP 8 three times before everything worked properly.

Is it possible that you are running DP 8.06 32bit and didn't check the same box for DP 8.07? If so, that explains everything.

I can't believe that Pluggo would work in 64bit without something like J-Bridge (and that's no guarantee with many plugins).
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro