This is a Simple one for you smart people, " Apply Plug-In "

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jaxsn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

This is a Simple one for you smart people, " Apply Plug-In "

Post by jaxsn »

1. I'm in Apply Plug-In page.

2. I want to preview my audio through my Spdif output,
but it only previews out track 1&2.

Question:

Isn't there a way to change the monitoring tracks to preview in a different
a different track?

I'm just off my game, these days.

Thanks in Advance

:dance:
Original Music Creation is a Relationship with "You, and Sound".
Then when You, are NOT, completely annoyed with "either",
You will share "IT" with the world.
This Identifies a "TRUE" MUSICAL Artist !!

-Jaxsn 2011
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: This is a Simple one for you smart people, " Apply Plug-

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Until someone smarter answers you might try changing the order of the bundles so the SPDIF is the first one.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jaxsn

Post by jaxsn »

My Goodness, MIDI Life Crisis,

Where have you been all my life. LOL
Actually I got tired of spending hours, and just did what I had to do,
through the 1&2 Tracks. It went well. but still wanted to know for the future.

Anyway you were perfectly correct. I changed the Spdif to the top, and realized,
you just may be the smarter one. (Smile)

Thanks,
Jaxsn

BTW: I guess I shouln't stay away from DP too long, or I'll forget what I know. LOL

-Jaxsn 2011
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I like it!

Also want a previous plug used in one of the pull down window to cut keystrokes. Also want the plug menu to remember the last plug selected and return there as "Preference". Cutting keystrokes is a smarter consideration for new coding to me by far.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm just a troll who can't say "know."
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

This one stumps a lot of people. Maybe it would be better to have a column in the bundles where you define the audition channel.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

jaxsn wrote:I guess I shouln't stay away from DP too long, or I'll forget what I know. LOL

I dunno if using it helps much. I use it almost every day, and I forget more each day than I remember ever knowing. Not sure that makes any sense, but I'm always having to look in the manual for basic stuff. Complicated workflows, I know like the back of my hand. Hmm.... just looked at my hand. It looks like someone else's hand. Maybe THAT'S the problem. Someone switched my mind into someone else's body while I was sleeping, and obviously all my memories wouldn't fit, so they deleted a few terabytes. Yeah, that's gotta be what it is.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Shooshie wrote: Hmm.... just looked at my hand. It looks like someone else's hand. Maybe THAT'S the problem. Someone switched my mind into someone else's body while I was sleeping, and obviously all my memories wouldn't fit, so they deleted a few terabytes. Yeah, that's gotta be what it is.

Shooshie
This sensation can now be duplicated in the lab!
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

cuttime wrote:
Shooshie wrote: Hmm.... just looked at my hand. It looks like someone else's hand. Maybe THAT'S the problem. Someone switched my mind into someone else's body while I was sleeping, and obviously all my memories wouldn't fit, so they deleted a few terabytes. Yeah, that's gotta be what it is.

Shooshie
This sensation can now be duplicated in the lab!

Almost. You see, I got a chuckle out of what I wrote. I read that whole story about ghostmaking in the lab, but I never cracked a smile, much less a chuckle. Just goes to show, Science still hasn't figured it all out! :lol:

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Shooshie wrote:
jaxsn wrote:I guess I shouln't stay away from DP too long, or I'll forget what I know. LOL

I dunno if using it helps much. I use it almost every day, and I forget more each day than I remember ever knowing. Not sure that makes any sense, but I'm always having to look in the manual for basic stuff. Complicated workflows, I know like the back of my hand. Hmm.... just looked at my hand. It looks like someone else's hand. Maybe THAT'S the problem. Someone switched my mind into someone else's body while I was sleeping, and obviously all my memories wouldn't fit, so they deleted a few terabytes. Yeah, that's gotta be what it is.

Shooshie
There's a lot of body switching going on. My hands don't look right either. And my legs, something is going on there, too. I used to be able to jump higher than four inches. And where did my butt go? It's gone!
DP10.13
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Dan Worley wrote:And where did my butt go? It's gone!
I think it attached itself to me - either that or I need to get more exercise.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Shooshie wrote:

Shooshie
I certainly know that one. I was working on some tight edits and realized I hadn't reset Nudge the way I like (having ported DP to my new drive). Oooh, can't remember where that is... Ok... Finally looked it up... Oh, of course... Now it works the way I want.

That was last week. If you ask me today what I did, I wouldn't be able to tell you much except to say, search the .pdf. At least I remembered that much.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
jaxsn

Post by jaxsn »

You guys are funny.
I use dp8 everyday but mostly use the same features
I'm comfortable with.
but agree with yall who say, even when you step away
you don't recognize your own hand, LOL

-Jaxsn 2011