Arturia Wurlizer V and SEM V updates crashing MAS - work-aro

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
BobK
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Arturia Wurlizer V and SEM V updates crashing MAS - work-aro

Post by BobK »

A couple of days ago, Arturia released updates for the V-Collection 3 along with a new app for managing licenses and updates - Arturia Software Center (ASC). No more e-Licenser hardware dongle - yay! And you can authorize 2 machines - double yay!

Using ASC, I updated the V Collection, and DP examined the new AUs without issue.

However, in DP 8.07 the Wurlitzer V and SEM V were missing from the menu Project > Add Track > Instrument Track > Arturia.

In DP Preferences > General > Audio Plugins, both SEM V and Wurly V are listed as having failed AU examination, which is strange because during the launch, DP said all AUs had passed.

When I selected Wurly V and clicked 're-examine', DP changed the status to 'Unexamined', but didn't re-examine the AU. When I clicked 're-examine' again, DP did re-examine, and it passed.

SEM V passed re-examination without issue.

When exiting the Audio Plugins preferences window, DP offers to re-start the MAS for changes to take effect. When I did this, DP crashed while re-loading the plugins. I tried multiple times with the same result.

The work around:

When DP asks whether to restart MAS, click 'cancel'. Quit and re-launch DP. At least for me, DP loaded the plugins without issue, and Wurly V and SEM V now appeared in the Arturia sub-menu.

I had this issue on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.

Hope this helps.

Mac Pro 2009 8-core 2.26 GHz, 16 GB RAM
MacBook Pro 2012, 15", 2.6 GHz i7
Both running Yosemite 10.10.1
DP 8.07
Last edited by BobK on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
mikehalloran

Re: Arturia Wurlizer V and SEM V updates crashing MAS - work

Post by mikehalloran »

Their license manager has given me fits in the past. Good to know there's a workaround for the new one.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
BobK

Post by BobK »

mikehalloran wrote:Their license manager has given me fits in the past. Good to know there's a workaround for the new one.
Huh? my workaround is for problems with AU validation, not license management. The new license manager worked fine.
Bob

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Try switching to the VST version of the problem instruments. I had problems in the past with certain instruments in the Arturia V Collection crashing DP on close. Arturia tech support advised me to switch to the VST version and that solved the problem. Since DP now supports both AU and VST, we can use either one.

Best,
Babz
BobK

Post by BobK »

Babz wrote:Try switching to the VST version of the problem instruments. I had problems in the past with certain instruments in the Arturia V Collection crashing DP on close. Arturia tech support advised me to switch to the VST version and that solved the problem. Since DP now supports both AU and VST, we can use either one.

Best,
Babz
I tried that (and I think it worked) before finding the work-around. But the work-around, uh, works, so no need for VST.
Bob

DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4