Sequence editor display preference

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sequence editor display preference

Post by Tripi »

Here's a weird one, but it would really help me if anyone had a solution:

I use a quickey command (shift+cmd+E) after I select a soundbite. This opens my SEQUENCE EDITOR, and only displays the soundbite (or soundbites) that I've selected. It also CMD+down arrows 3 times to vertically expand the image. It works great, but the only problem is with track folders. I always see the track folder headers in the sequence editor also. If I expand the track list on the side, and option+click my current track, then everything else disappears (like I'd prefer it).

So... anyone know how to open the sequence editor with only the selected soundbite, and none of the track folders visible?

thanks!
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Sequence editor display preference

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

That's why I keep the track selector parked in the consolidated window. At least I can see and control it to some degree.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Tripi

Post by Tripi »

Thanks MLC. I have a key command to pop that window up in the sidebar, mainly so i can focus on a single track. Would be great if DP could scroll to the active track (like in the mixer) so I didn't have to hunt through my 200 track template.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Not what you asked for, but it might help if you divided your template into folders, each containing, say, 10 tracks.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Sorry... misread your question. I realize now you're trying NOT to see track folders.

I don't know the answer to that offhand. If I find it, I'll try to remember this thread.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|