Yosemite + DP 8.07

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Yosemite + DP 8.07

Post by James Steele »

Yep. I'm really troubled by these vague posts. A lot of time I sense potential operator error here and it troubles me if DP is going to take an undeserved black eye if posts like this pop up in a Google search. There are no details given. If the OP doesn't follow up I may delete. The fact that it's a 1st post "hit and run" sort of thing makes me uneasy.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

James Steele wrote:If the OP doesn't follow up I may delete. The fact that it's a 1st post "hit and run" sort of thing makes me uneasy.
There is really no useful info in this thread, except that many replying have had a positive Yosemite experience (but that's been covered in other threads). So no one is going to miss anything if you decide to delete. Just sayin'.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Of course leaving it up is/may be like leaving the head of one's enemy on a stake.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Heres a post thats clear, Recent waveform draws cannot be found on reopening recent project yet empty bites play.

Running from the desktop and when looking for the waveform in the Sequence waveform window, on reload project, a search waveform exists in place of the drawn one it just drew after an overdub the day before YET, the bite's in question plays perfectly meaning it found the bites. Weird!

Only way i found to fix this is to replace the bites with, select bite shift copy/paste into same position. This is since Yosemite. I also tried moving them to a new USB 3 thumb drive which is 3 times faster than my internal Raptors. I have a USB3 PCIe card in my machine. Better but still an issue on some tracks.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2