DP8 can't find my Waves 9 Plug-Ins

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
earworks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 can't find my Waves 9 Plug-Ins

Post by earworks »

Hello All,
I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm merely ignorant. I've just loaded DP8 on my machine and it's unable to find the Waves 9 Plug-In folder even when I select it during the Plug-In scan.

My ProTools has no difficulty finding the folder and works perfectly.

I see from searching previous posts that there have been some issues with Waves and DP over the years, but it also appears that many of you are using the two together very successfully.

Any pointers? Am I missing something simple here? I've tried both 32 and 64 bit modes, and still no success at getting DP to recognize the Waves Plug-Ins folder.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
tommymandel

Re: DP8 can't find my Waves 9 Plug-Ins

Post by tommymandel »

perhaps the Waves plugins are 32-bit? DP8 may be defaulting to 64-bit. (You can tell in the splash screen, and change this in the app icon's Get Info window.) PT used to only work in 32-bit, so if your PT is pre-v.10 (i think) then it and the Waves plugs may have bit-depth in common, which would be why they can see each other.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

What version of OS X are you using? There was a fix for Yosemite posted at waves.com.

I have Waves 9.2 working with DP 8.07 with no problems, so I don't think there is any issue with DP Wave compatibility. There were problems, but I think that is well in the past, several versions back.

I did notice that having DP and PT on the same partition makes OS X see AU plugins as ProTools plugins rather than AU components. I don't know if that would create a problem for DP, but if it does, you should still be able to use the VST versions of Wave plugins in DP.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

I have Waves 9.2.1 working on DP 8.06, so it is working. What specific versions (and OS) are you using?
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
earworks

Post by earworks »

Thanks for the tips…

Not sure what the underlying issue was, but finally got it working be uninstalling and then reinstalling Waves.

I'm running DP 8.06 on a 3 year old Mac with OS 10.8.5.

I also depend on ProTools for my livelihood, so I'm not in a hurry to update my OS to Yosemite.

But yes, Waves 9 will run with DP 8. This makes me happy.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,
Tom
hamburski
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hamburski »

Hmm, I'm having trouble with this too - DP 8 on a Mac trashcan with OS 10.9.4, and I just downloaded/installed the CLA Compressors. DP saw them the first time in the new plugin scan, but I hadn't done the authorization properly yet so it skipped loading them in. After authorizing, it still didn't see them, so I've uninstalled and re-installed the plugin package twice, rebooted my machine, etc. And they haven't showed up in any subsequent plugin scan on booting up DP, nor do they appear in any plugin list.

**update**

I went into DP preferences, to the Audio Plugins window, found the plugins all the way at the bottom of the list, and check/enabled them. For each one I got an ominous message that enabling "failed" plugins could crash DP, but figured the failure was just do to the prior lack of authorization. They now show up! Will post again if they seem to be unstable. Fingers crossed. Hooray for the searchable manual in DP!