Xenon user presets not saving...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Xenon user presets not saving...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I can load the Xenon presets from the bar at the bottom and I can change the settings and Digital Performer will remember them, but when I go to save the preset, DP encounters a -35 (no directory).

When I go to "reveal presets in finder" it takes me to the correct folder but there are no presets visible. Other plugs in DP can find their folders so there is something about PSP Xenon that needs to be adjusted or fixed.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

ps - After emailing the developer and testing, the result is:

In Digital Performer (8.07) the only option to save is available in the plugin dropdown menu in DP. The plugin safe option is not available. This is true for both the VST and AU versions.

Audio Hijack will allow saving using the plugin SAVE AS in the “Custom” area (bottom of plug). This custom section doesn’t appear in DP and presets cannot be saved using DPs menu item.

Also, DP will load both the AU and VST versions, whereas Audio Hijack will only load the AU version. Audio Hijack correctly loads VSTs of other plugs.

The developer is working on this, but I was wondering if anyone else seeing this? Saving the project saves the plug settings, as usual, but no user presets can be saved and there's apparently no way within DP I can find to set the directory path. Again, very strange since the plug sees the factory presets.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS