Effects plugin "favorites" list?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MDesigner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Effects plugin "favorites" list?

Post by MDesigner »

I feel like I'm losing my mind! I swear there was a feature where you could click an insert slot on an aux, and then add certain plugins to a "favorites" list. And then if you go back and right click on an insert slot, it ONLY shows your favorites. For me, it just shows a full menu of all vendors and their plugins. I've tried searching through the manual but can't seem to find the right keywords to look for.

Digital high-five to anyone who can help refresh my memory..
Sam Hulick
Composer
http://samhulick.com
Social Media: [ Twitter | Facebook ]
bayswater

Re: Effects plugin "favorites" list?

Post by bayswater »

Maybe you're thinking of the User Category feature in the Effects tab of Plugin selection window. If you put your favourites in a new category you can set the window to show that category by default.

Or maybe you're thinking of presets. When you save one, it appears in a list at the bottom of the presets drop down menu.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I believe you're thinking of a user preset. Here's how you do it:

Insert something on the first insert effect slot on a track.
Insert something on the second insert effect slot on the same track.
Insert something on the third insert effect slot on the same track, etc., until you have
filled all the slots you want to fill.
Now look at the field with the little downward arrow directly above the first insert slot.
Click on the arrow. The first option in the drop-down menu is "Save Insert Settings".
Select that option, then type in the name of your insert effects "rack"…for example, "Female
vox". Click Ok.
The next time you click on the field with the arrow to reveal the drop-down menu, you will see your newly-saved preset listed.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
MDesigner

Post by MDesigner »

Aha! Go to the effects chooser, choose "Effects" (not Presets), make a new category called "Favorites" or whatever, add stuff to it, then right click that category and choose "Save As Menu Category." Now when you right-click an insert slot, it shows ONLY the items in your favorites. I knew there was something I was missing.
Sam Hulick
Composer
http://samhulick.com
Social Media: [ Twitter | Facebook ]
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MDesigner wrote:Aha! Go to the effects chooser, choose "Effects" (not Presets), make a new category called "Favorites" or whatever, add stuff to it, then right click that category and choose "Save As Menu Category." Now when you right-click an insert slot, it shows ONLY the items in your favorites. I knew there was something I was missing.
There you go. That's what I do, except I have hundreds of favourites.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8